Newbie West Midlands

BenD

i have a slight dilemma in my garage once i strip my mazda i wont be able to get it back out because i will have taken all of the running gear off it. how do people get around this the mrs wont let me do it on the drive im already in enough trouble for ordering my westfeild lol do i buy a few doillies and wheel it back out of the garage im just wondering as to how heavy the mazda is likley to be once all the gubbins have been taken off

Not dead local, but I am in Uttoxeter. If you can get there for a weekday evening I always happy to take people out for a spin and talk cars.

Daniel

I stripped the front end and interior and then cut the car in half across the door openings. I then cut the front half in half again from the top of the screen, down the bulkhead to the transmission tunnel. This gave me some room in the garage and enabled me to lift the rear body off the rear subframe. I then cut the rear in half again so I was left with 4 managable chunks of car body!

Was a bit of a pain, but I managed to do it with 1 jack and 2 axle stands over 2 weekends!

Shaun

I stripped mine outside, when everything was off, the scrap man lifted the shell onto his truck. Could you cover it with a tarporline when your not working on it to keep the other half happy? It only takes a few days to get all you need. Or maybe a gazebo would keep it looking tidy in the drive ;) much easier outside IMHO

Make up a couple of trolleys to lower it onto

Then just push it out

Shopping trolley wheels are good for this :)

yeh i did think that. anyone have any ideas how heavy the car is likley to be once the bits are all removed

can someon explain to me what happens when i have finished stripping my mx5 do i sell it to the scrappy if so what happens with the log book as i presume i need to keep this info for the registration of my westy

Just sorn the car, then keep the log book. Remove the ID plate from the bodywork and send the shell to the scrappy

Depending on condition of bodywork, you may be able to sell things like wings, bonnet and boot lid, seats, carpet etc...........

Join MX5Nutz if you want to move some stuff on that is in decent condition

• 4 weeks later...

is there a list somewhere of all the parts i need off my mazda. ive stgarted stripping it now carnt get the bl**** propshaft bolts un done.

Page 9 of the build manual lists all the major parts you'll need from the donor

http://www.manikllc.com/manuals/Westfield_Mazda_SDV_-_Build_Manual-2007-03-16.pdf

In addition to that though I would suggest haning onto any spare nuts, bolts and clips etc as most of the mazda bits are a fine thread.

oh thats great thanks mark i was just sort of removing what i thought lol alot of my nuts and bolts are really bad. dont like putting old bolts back in either

so the time has come hopefully pick my westy up tomorrow still haven't finished stripping my Mazda tho got the engine and the gear box out and got most of the wiring looms out already realeased the bolts on the uprights and stuff but left them on so i could still move it around so not too far off.