Hi - Newbie here

sparkyhx

I have never had a heater, but don't find it much of an issue without for what I use the car for, with a good coat your legs stay warm from the engine/transmission heat coming through the bulkhead. I presume it is only of any use when you have to roof up, which I dont.

I pay £208 a year tax I think? For an older car, thats over 1.4l? Certainly the same as I pay for a 1.8l Pug306 or 1.6 E36 BMW

Daniel

The tax is the same as my S body but the insurance is 120 compared to 600+.

I think a helmet is a must without windscreen but that's just an opinion there are plenty of people out there with aeroscreens who don't.

I also aim to have glasses on even with a screen, often its sunny, but the rain also hurts.

As you say, insurance is really very cheap, once over 21/25 if fairly hard to before your 21.

Daniel

I wanted

Hood

Doors

Wind screen

Heater

Boot cover when I bought my car

They are all now sat in the shed lol

With anything else that makes it heavy

As suggested buy a car drive it

Try it without the wind screen try it with

See how often you use the hood and heater

Then winter time is shed time ;)

A good chassis and build is top priority

Engine type next

The rest you can adjust to taste :)

Tax on a Q reg. car is £230 now for the 1400cc + engines.     

Heater is next to useless in the cold when you are moving,  when you stop it keeps your knees warm and not a lot else.

An added bonus is in the summer, when engine temperature rises you have a extra cooling potential.

Like anything, the heater can be made to work, even roof down, as long as you remember you're sat in an open car, so there are limitations. (Essentially, it doesn't have a proper blower, just a weak fan that doesn't move enough air).

Likewise, roofs can be improved no end too. Just depends what you want from the car.

Aeroscreens give a fantastic raw experience and help with higher speed performance.

Theres no right Westfield or wrong Westfield, just what works for you, and that will probably change over time. The main thing is to try the different types, even those you don't think you'll like, you'd be surprised how often the car you think you want isn't ultimately what suits you most.