A Plan

Nick PC

I have now added my third car to my fleet and have insured it through A Plan. Whilst the cost put a smile on my face the service was second to none. It is so good in this day when a company remembers what personal service really means, something that the sponsors on here pride themselves about providing to us on here.

I'm sure that A-Plan give excellent service and have the best prices.

But am I the only one who thinks we're going over the top with the love in.

It's been said, on nearly every section of the forum.

A-Plan are the best price and service. 

Enough!

The rareness of excellent service these days is such that people wish to praise it often and loudly.  I'm happy enough to read that in whatever area of the forum it appears.

Get up on the wrong side of the coffin bed this morning, Norman?  :p  ;)  :laugh:

• Like 1

I have the westie insured through A Plan and agree that they offer a good service but at the end of the day, the insurance is actually with LV= via their Highway plan. We have another vehicle on this plan but through another broker - my test for A Plan will be when that's up for renewal to see how they compare (it's often the broker charges, the add-ons they try and bundle in and the overall "service" that are the deciding factors.....)

But as for "love ins", people have different experiences and I for one would never go back to Adrian Flux whilst others say they're the best - each to their own I guess

Scott, this morning I arose from my bed like a phoenix. Had to get up at 3 to take some pain killers for a tooth ache.

It's the coffin tonight, fully screwed down so I can get a decent nights sleep.

Surely if some complained about guest saying the same thing over and over and over again then praising A-Plan is the same, isn't it? I accept that the good service and price need praising but not every week, one a quarter will suffice.

Surely if some complained about guest saying the same thing over and over and over again then praising A-Plan is the same, isn't it? I accept that the good service and price need praising but not every week, one a quarter will suffice.

But it's not one person saying the same thing over and over again, it's many people sharing their similar excellent experience - not the same thing at all, O Dweller Of The Wooden Box.

But the tooth ache certainly explains it.  Hope you feel better soon.

Scott, It's OK now. I had a course of antibiotics about 4 weeks ago and was booked in to have it extracted. However, I had to go into hospital for an operation and as it was a large cut to my throat I could attend the dentist. The neck has healed now and the abscess has returned. So another course of AB's and then having it out on the 7th.

Such is life. My advice is don't get old. 

My old boss told me 50 years ago don't judge an insurance company by its premiums, judge by how they respond when its all gone pear shaped.

• Like 1

My old boss told me 50 years ago don't judge an insurance company by its premiums, judge by how they respond when its all gone pear shaped.

Which is why the recent batch of comments has been so welcome; it's teased out responses now from several people that have actually made claims, (of varying sizes). And thankfully, all have reported good things from Claire and the team. With a worrying and stressful time for those involved, made easier and more bearable by A-Plan.

Just to add A-plans offices are in or near town centers and are staffed with persons that you can actually talk to and lots of customers choose to pop in while shopping and talk face to face , why do I mention this well they are old fashioned in that respect and offer customer services and a human face they dont however mess around any longer than they need to as they appear to be focused on getting next customer signed up and making money. Lets face it that is the aim of all business. Having had calls back that weren't strictly nessasery when I was having my claim processed with lv they do do a bit more than some agents. So next time they quote me with in twenty quid or so for any policy I would be tempted to not always go for the cheapest. Having a broker who had a large amount of policy's within a club they might just work that bit harder to resolve any issues with the policy issuer .

Ps my tin top policy was not economically viable with A-plan this year and my renewal was the cheapest price . First time in 24 years that this has happened .

But I now have found that my renewal actually was not the cheapest as the policy had only 3days European cover built in not the previous unlimited usage where you just had to notify them of travel dates. So I now need to pay a £35 supliment . There is always a catch so reading the fine print when your documents are issued and re reading If you are about to claim is essential.

Having a broker who had a large amount of policy's within a club they might just work that bit harder to resolve any issues with the policy issuer .

Good point  :yes: