Armtech - Hybrid Battery Isolator

Master O

I bought this approx 12 months ago when I was thinking of having a dedicated track car however that plan has changed so this is surplus to my requirements.

It's effectively brand new and has never been fitted.

Currently the best internet price I can find for one is £270, looking for £195.  Collection from Bristol or I will post at buyers expense.

Blurb from the Armtech website:

The Hybrid Battery Isolator consists of a heavy duty control box that is normally mounted close to the vehicle’s battery. Three remote switches (all supplied) control the unit; two cockpit mounted (one ‘ON’ and one ‘OFF’) buttons are operated by the driver, and an external waterproof ‘OFF’ switch can be operated by the marshals in the event of an accident. Any number of additional switches can be added if required. An indicator light on the unit lights when the unit is armed, as does another attached to the driver operated ‘ON’ switch.

The switches are wired to the unit using low voltage and current cable (not supplied). In the event of an accident where any of the cables are severed the unit will automatically be turned off. A safety sticker sheet and full instructions are also supplied.

Black Box Dimensions 109x69x54mm

Overall Dimensions 156x69x62mm

Weight (approx) 700g

Temperature range -25°C to +85°C

Operating Voltage 9 -16V

Max Switching Current 1000A

Continuous Current 250A

Max Alternator Current 250A

Power Consumption 12W

Alternator protection circuit built into unit.

12 Volt negative earth only.

FIA Compliant

Pictures available here http://www.armtech.co.uk/page6.html  I could send pictures of the actual unit if required.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.