Zetec Exhaust Manifold Torque settings

Andy Banks

Andy Banks

I've had the entire exhaust off for a rub down and repaint. A little research tells me around 16 to 18NM of torque is needed for the bolts that attach the manifold to the block. Does that sound about right...?

• Like 1
Terryathome

That sounds awfully low, will have to check the manual for you, hang on a minute.

Terry

Apologies for the thread hijack but could you also confirm the torque for the bolts to the throttle bodies as well please Terry?

Many thanks

Andy Banks

Thanks Terry. I'll crank it up a bit then. Also good point about checking again after a heat cycle Stu, especially true when there is fresh coat of paint on the manifold.

Terryathome

Helski, sorry the hynes manual dosen't give out that detail but seeing that there should be an O ring seal and I did put a bit of RVT (or is that RTV?) silicon between boddies and head I would guess at about the same torque value. I just used a spanner on mine and 2 grunts later they were tight.

Hope the above helps

Terry