Toyo R1-R

Yanto

After only a couple of hundred miles in my car i'm afraid i don't have a great deal of confidence in the Avons that are fitted. Fishtailing on a dry road in 2nd when not booting it has made me afraid to go round corners any faster than a family saloon car.

I've read the recent thread about tyres and have decided on Toyo R1-R.

After a bit of searching i've found these on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300878734289?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Is £295 plus fitting at £30 a good price for 4?

• Like 1

Might be worth speaking to Playskool or Westfield direct. They often have good deals on the r1r's

I've just ordered mine from PlaysKool, £248 for the 4 tyres.

Thanks chaps, i hadn't thought of Plays Kool or Westfield!  Live and learn 

I did look at mytyres and couldn't find them - that's me being dumb!

I think I'll crack open the wallet tomorrow!  :yes:

While avons arnt the best tyres you should still be able to drive faster than a tin top without fishtailing. Sounds like you need your geo setting measured and set before replacing your tyres.

Pete ^^^^

I was just about to suggest the same thing. Check shocks/springs and bushes. If all is ok ensure it is geo'd

Tyres make a massive improvement, but it should handle well in the dry with most tyres if set up correctly.

• Like 1

Check date stamp on ur Avons, when I checked mine last year having just bought her, they were 2004!!! New R1R and grip was somewhat improved, first thing I did!

Andy

running 18 psi all round, geo was set up at JEMS.

Sounds like old rubber thats gone well past there best, what more of a excuse could you need for some shinny new R-1-Rs . Would be interested in finding out what the date stamp says tho

Would still suggest tracking/geo