Keevil Airfield Track Day - Sat 8th March

Paulm3

Hi guys,

Just booked on last minute to this as weather is looking good :)

Anyone else going? or wants to? think there is a few places left. (£109 though MSE)

Paul

There's a couple of MX5 type people from work going. I'm as yet undecided as I've got a few jobs to do first. Will have to see if I get around to doing them this week

Cool :) should come, be nice to have some westy people there, be better than hearing the chat from my lotus elise friends about how their K Series hasn't popped yet, etc etc  :)

• Like 2

There's a couple of MX5 type people from work going. I'm as yet undecided as I've got a few jobs to do first. Will have to see if I get around to doing them this week

Alas, I'm working this weekend, but I was looking at a Keevil track day later in the month. I notice that Hullavington does not appear on the list for this year, so Keevil is next closest for me. It would be good to learn a new circuit, too.

Incidentally, my late uncle flew a Short Stirling out of Keevil towing a glider to Arnehem in WW2 and got a DFC for his efforts, so that's a very good reason for me to hare down the runway there too! I've never been there before.

Alas, I'm working this weekend, but I was looking at a Keevil track day later in the month. I notice that Hullavington does not appear on the list for this year, so Keevil is next closest for me. It would be good to learn a new circuit, too.

Incidentally, my late uncle flew a Short Stirling out of Keevil towing a glider to Arnehem in WW2 and got a DFC for his efforts, so that's a very good reason for me to hare down the runway there too! I've never been there before.

Hullavington is on in March and May at least. Abingdon is my preferred venue as it's both nearest me and a good layout, but Hullavington is good and not too bad a run down the M4. Keevil is a pain to get to though with that lousy road from the M4 with the world's reserve of lorries and roundabouts. I seem to recall that Keevil is closing in the summer for resurfacing - may be wrong though...