SBD Vauxhall 2.0 XE "Red Top" 265hp Race Engine + ECU + Raychem Wiring Loom - NOW SOLD

Spencer

Having trouble getting a new engine built in time for your sprint/hillclimb/series car for the upcoming season? 

Here's your turn-key solution!

Now for sale, a complete, run-in engine. No work needed apart from adding an alternator of your choice.

If you're reading this, then you'll know that good 2.0 XE Red Tops are starting to get rare now.....

12621734504_e7cbd43918.jpg  12621310475_cf8cb900b2.jpg

12621432033_f26ff12dca.jpg

12621763834_525aa91449.jpg  12621755904_d51be24217.jpg

12621698614_f34249612e.jpg  12621704704_6184a4ecbe.jpg

12621447443_88038ba691.jpg  12831927475_70ab5617c8.jpg

12832351284_9aa16a3cd3.jpg

Full SB Developments 250bhp "plus" specification, with all the following components supplied by SBD:

·       Block stage 3 overbored to nominal 2.1L capacity

·       Omega lightweight pistons 88mm (one step down from slipper pistons, running 3 rings for durability in a road use Westfield)

·       SBD steel conrods

·       Internal crank timing wheel removed - reduces rotational mass and removes a potential catastrophic failure item

·       SBD External crank timing wheel

·       ARP bolts throughout

·       SBD Heavy duty aluminium timing belt pulleys & idlers (essential upgrade)

·       New timing belt (and engine timing verified)

·       CosCast cylinder head (far higher quality casting than later regular production or "LN" variants, non-porous and made by Cosworth), modified by SBD:

o   Fully ported intake and exhaust ports

o   New valve guides

o   New 7mm stem valves, 34mm inlet, 30mm exhaust

o   Modified for cam lobe clearance

o   Cooling modification

o   Deburred

o   Rear distributor mount on exhaust side has been machined off and blanked

·       SBD spec cams (304/295)

·       SBD Solid lifters

·       SBD Duplex springs

·       SBD Titanium retainers

·       SBD vernier pulleys

·       Cometic laminated metal head gasket

·       Block dipstick tube assy blanked off

·       Red crinkle finish cam cover with stock breathers blanked off (for dry sump use)

·       SBD Carbon fibre spark plug cover

·       SBD Taper Throttle direct-to-head injection system

·       Peco injectors

·       SBD "Under-slung" throttle linkage

·       SBD 90mm intake trumpets

·       ITG 150mm deep air filter/backing plate

·       Weber fuel pressure regulator

·       4 x Magnetti Marelli coil-on-plugs

·       2 x Bosch ignition amplifiers

·       SBD 7.25" lightweight flywheel

·       Helix Twin-plate clutch assembly with organic plates

·       Fully lightened and balanced as a Clutch/Flywheel/Crank assembly

·       Lightweight (new) Bosch starter motor

·       SBD/Pace dry sump system (pump mounts on exhaust side)

·       MBE 967EF engine management - ECU has an output for, and is currently mapped to enable gearbox flat-shift

·       Raychem wiring loom

Engine has only ever been run with Millers synthetic oil, changed on average every 250 miles, i.e., on time basis rather than mileage.

Since the initial build the engine has only covered approximately 1,000 road miles and only one trackday @ Mallory. You can see from the photos that this engine is practically "box-fresh". I have photos of cam lobes showing no wear, plus port photos, etc.

Some important notes:

·       If you're familiar with Vauxhall tuning, then you WILL know of SB Developments. Steve Broughton is widely regarded as being the leading authority when it comes to tuning these engines, proven many times over with countless championship wins from cars using his engines. He's also a realistic guy when it comes to power outputs, always erring on the conservative side...no BS claims...

·       Steve's also a very good friend of mine (and will, I'm sure, endorse the authenticity of this engine, he knows it well). Although this engine is built using his proven recipe of components, because it uses a 2.1 litre block + some additional parts that were not originally part of the "250" kit, his thoughts were that this particular engine is probably delivering 260 to 265fwhp.

·       The engine has been mapped by Steve, and optimised for my particular installation

This engine ran beautifully with amazing pickup, and felt every bit 265-270hp.

As you'll appreciate from the photos of the engine, and the detail of this write-up, this is a cracking engine that I've invested a LOT of time and money into. To build this engine with the SBD parts, assuming you can get a sound donor lump, 
it would cost you in excess of £17,000. So, this is an opportunity buy an almost fresh engine at almost half price.

£8,999 ono - Always up for a (realistic) deal for fellow Westfield owners; need to crack on with other projects...frankly, I also need the space back in the workshop! 

(There's also going to be a load more Westfield parts on the board soon - just got to get them photographed and written-up)

Spencer Baker | Mobile +44 (0)7967 275404

Great price for the spec sounds like someone will be getting a bargain. I can also confirm how nice a guy Steve is to deal with.

Yeah, fantastic spec, another stunning engine.

Thanks guys!

Yes, I was half wondering whether to hang onto it for "the next project", perhaps a S1 Elise with a blown K-Series and maybe in need of some love for the the chassis as well; trouble is, they're getting rare these days (all ending up with Honda or Audi lumps, which are all well-troden-paths now)...but that would be a mental track weapon.

....but....

I've got too many projects on the go, with a few more in the wings, and precious little time to get them done!

S

• 2 weeks later...

Spencer, would this fit in a narrow chassis?  and do you have a wood burning stove? There might be a deal to be done... :yes:

Spencer, would this fit in a narrow chassis?  and do you have a wood burning stove? There might be a deal to be done... :yes:

Hi there,

Yes, 99.9% sure it'll fit in a narrow chassis, can't think of any reason why it wouldn't, not like it's a V engine, it probably just needs the appropriate mounts (but you'd be getting the engine mounts I have anyway, so no loss there)...but I've only ever had a widebody chassis, so to be double-bubble sure, worth checking with a narrow body authority I guess.

Lol @ woodburning stove, apart from sticking it in the middle of the room as a talking point, I've not got the right shape room to accommodate one I'm afraid! (you were joking, right? haha)

I wasn't reallt joking - if you had a wood burner or a chip fired boiler I could heat your house, grage, swimming pool for the next 5 years in exchange for your engine.  :-) I have 8 acres that is 5 metres deep in cord wood at the moment :-) 

Might be interested in the engine as a replacement for my cross flow….:-) 

Haha, sorry mate, not in the market for wood or a burner, I need to clear out, not acquire more!

Would be a cracking motor for you!  :yes:  :d  ;)

James my narrow bodied car with live axle has this engine in it, not to this spec though :(

Should fit yours as well although I would be very jealous ;)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.