looking for new project

Hammy

Savage !!!

did you mean savage or salvage :d

rip of the silly bolt on bits and there's a sweet ride under there

Cleggy,  I meant savage !!! :)   I would grow my tache back if I had that awesome machine in my garage

My old boss had a daimler double six that i was on the insurance of aged 18 - it went like stink compared to my series IIA Land Rover diesel..... not very cool with the ladies mind..... :p

In no way can you can call that a Race Project with the Slushmatic  auto box.  

A customer of mine bought an immaculate, low mileage, late (face-lift) model V12 some years ago. (Though well after it had finished production). Looked, felt and smelled(!) gorgeous. (Something about the leather and wool :d )

Went back a couple of months later and it was gone, replaced with a BMW 640. I knew how much he'd idolised the old Jag, so asked what had happened. Had he had mechanical trouble, etc. "Nope, it all worked as it should" he said - while looking absolutely gutted, "Just never, never, meet your childhood heroes" was his conclusion!

And don't buy an old jag while you've got your rose tinted glasses on! :down:

Is it wrong that I actually quite like that....?

:o

i can see the attraction as well.... i would have to wear flares and a Alan Whicker jacket at all times driving it....

I think Ray Bans and a safari jacket might be compulsory.

I'm with 6carjon. The caravan caught my eye!

My mother has a Daimler double six, has had it since the late 80's. No rear seat belts, leather seats, Devon's many lanes, a little Nova SR thinking it could overtake and causing my mother to put her foot down! As a 10yr old I had many bruises after being bounced about in the back of it!

:o

Take the spoiler of the back, maybe slightly reduced the front valance, and I would drive that.

Daniel