guest - where is he?

bhouse

An uncharacteristic period of absence from our accident-prone friend. Does anyone know if something's up?

I know where Ceriliio is as he text me over christmas to arrange a run down to N'thants for sunday dinner at Alexander Towers....I think he's travelling at moment

I know where Ceriliio is...I think he's travelling at moment

Any idea if it's on a road in this country?  Want to avoid those areas - he's a gravity field for attracting numpty drivers and don't want to be involved as collateral damage. :d

He's probably touring the continent, being dragged around all the clothing stores by Mrs C looking for more pink onesies!!!

Just found this thread...

You're all kinda right!

I spent mid December-mid January shopping... Grr! EVERDAY!!! Birmingham, London, Paris, Milan... I came back with a pair of calves skin driving gloves... Then sold the Westfield!!! Mrs C came back with more than I took!!!

I'm running from Birmingham, have been trying to escape for 5 years and now there's light in the distance and that tunnel's getting shorter.

Due to end of nursing and military career I'm doing plenty of courses... As Jersey looks pretty much where I'll spend the future I thought "A lot of money... Lots of millionaires... How can I get my hands on some?" I'm a qualified, competent and experienced chef (worked in a Michelin star restaurant pre army), pre nursing I was a computer tech and I have nursing... So I've decided locksmith and security system installation/maintenance... Plus summer work in restaurants/bars. If I can't find work in locksmith/security install... I could become a successful thief!

Driving is still insane in Birmingham and nothing changes... Other than I now drive a Volvo C70 T5 GT... Automatic! And people's attitudes towards it are completely different. When I drive at 28mph through a 30, they sit behind me. In the Westfield they would overtake dangerously and pull in too close, almost taking the nose cone off! Still see an accident every other day (or remains thereof) and still morons attack roundabouts as if they're going to explode if it takes longer than 4 seconds to negotiate and do not follow any road markings. But, as most people from Birmingham, I accept it as normal and no longer care... Within weeks I'll be gone, never to return.

I'm here much less as life's snowballed and I have much going on. Locksmith practising (I got into my own place with a pick keyring), shooting everyday (concentration, relaxation and the fact that while travelling to/from ranges I feel much safer!) and sorting out everything ready for the escape... I've just not been here.

Finally, I found that no matter what I wrote on here it would have negative replies and for the last however long it's been I've ended up stressed due to having to correct responses from other members and explain myself. Now life's moved on and I've had a year waiting for my Westfield, to then sell it before it's finished!!! I'm putting effort into other things and avoiding anything to do with driving until out of Birmingham. My next marque will be an XJS V12 Convertible, XK8 Convertible or an SLK350... Depending on where I am, how much I have and what parking there is. I'd love to return to a Westfield, but I'm not a fast enough driver to warrant one anymore.

Good luck guest , I hope it all turns out well and whatever it is you are looking for I hope you get to find it ,

I for one always enjoyed reading your posts finding them entertaining and often educational , we will all miss you a lot  .

as for the negative replies , I really think 99.9% of it was banter , no one on here wished you anything but well afaics . 

Hope you keep visiting this friendly club

Best regards to you and yours  

Good luck guest , I hope it all turns out well and whatever it is you are looking for I hope you get to find it ,

I for one always enjoyed reading your posts finding them entertaining and often educational , we will all miss you a lot  .

as for the negative replies , I really think 99.9% of it was banter , no one on here wished you anything but well afaics . 

Hear, hear!  All the best  :yes:

I echo what Piston said - guest - I count you as a friend mate - a real one - not a virtual one - guns and all :-) 

I for one always enjoyed reading your posts finding them entertaining and often educational , we will all miss you a lot .

Cheers,

Yes normally banter, but the 0.01% then made me react badly to the banter. It wasn't massive stress as I didn't cry in the shower.

Cheers for the vote on posts, that's what I aimed for, a bit of entertainment. The driving updates was actually fun to write, but found some people took it seriously and got a bit anti guest about it all. They were all actual events, and I still see moron's driving the wrong way down a one way street... In a bus lane or impatient (swear filter...) using pavements to cut through a queue of traffic. I recoded it all do a while, but every journey would be saved and I don't have the time or space to store it all.

However locals see this as the norm and accept it.

I'll still be about on the odd post and will respond to PM's. But will steer clear of many subjects. Just avoiding a bit as I'm upset from selling the Westfield... It's not finished and I've spent a fortune on bits I'll never see or use!

I echo what Piston said - guest - I count you as a friend mate - a real one - not a virtual one - guns and all :-)

I had an idea... You can not climb if a bird is nesting, with land owners permission I can use rifle/pistol to exterminate pests... Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Any idea if it's on a road in this country? Want to avoid those areas - he's a gravity field for attracting numpty drivers and don't want to be involved as collateral damage. :d

Since owning and driving a Volvo... These incidents have declined. Witness many incidents of idiocy and bits of car connected to walls still. However when I'm doing 28mph in a 30 area people sit behind me. In Mrs C's car they drive too close and flash their lights, in the :yellow-westy: they would treat me as they would a push bike... Then without looking pull in, to discover the :yellow-westy: is longer than a push bike... As I am hit and a yellow puff of fibreglass!

However... Avoid driving in Birmingham completely, the wife refuses to even drive the three miles to work and I walk her to/from work. So 6 mile return trip, twice a day! And we have decided that walking a certain route (twice as long as direct route) to town is as safe as we can get. If pouring down or walking is not viable we have found a taxi company that has trackers in their cabs and is extremely strict with speed and driving of their drivers. Yes they do cost a couple of quid more... But compared to accident damage we save a fortune!

Plus with moving anywhere south of Bristol/M4 in the near future has lifted spirits and with Jersey being the most likely outcome we're even happier. With cash saved so far and tax free in Jersey... I'm looking at SLK 350's... Automatic and just chilling out.