TYRE PRESSURES

Arthur

4 hours ago, Arm said:

We never put tyre pressures down in the wet . Cold tyre pressure for wet running always goes up.

Is that to ensure that the 'hot' pressures are about the same for dry and wet conditions i.e. the tyre pressures will increase more in the dry than the wet?

• 4 years later...

For a new owner...can anyone advise suitable tyre pressures for TOYO PROXES R888 205/50 ZR15. For fast (ish) road use...Many thanks👍

10 minutes ago, evosteve said:

Most run 18 to 20 PSI.

Many thanks, I thought it would be about that. 👍

REMEMBER PRESSURES AREN'T CHECK N' FORGET.

Regularly check them as they change significantly with high weather temps and hard driving and visa versa!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Onliest Smeg David said:

REMEMBER PRESSURES AREN'T CHECK N' FORGET.

Regularly check them as they change significantly with high weather temps and hard driving and visa versa!

Thanks, yes that is so true. If I have learnt nothing else over my 50 years of driving, it is that tyres are your only contact with the ground and should be checked regularly...especially on performance cars. When I had my 911 I was neurotic about the tyres...what with the engine being slung out behind the back axle.

Very tail happy. 😮😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 14/07/2014 at 12:41, dhutch said:

I tend to run 18 front, 16 rear for the road and autotesting in the dry , sometimes lower for autotesting in the wet or on grass, or higher if I want less grip...

18/16 ish seems to give even wear over the width of the tyre, which rightly or wrongly I think  is as good a indication as any along side it feeling ok.

*All pressures measured cold.

Daniel

That's exactly what I run mine at too. After just reading all of this thread though I am definitely going to experiment with some higher pressures starting this weekend