Anyone know what happened to Q241 MAV?

collinsa

Hi

I used to be a WSCC member and builder/owner until 2003 when I part-exed my 1.6 CVH for a motorhome!

Was looking at some old photos the other day and came over all nostalgic.  Thought I would try a long shot and see if anyone out there still has my old Westfield and could let me know how she is doing?

Cheers

Adam

Well it's still on the road somewhere:

The vehicle details for Q241 MAV are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2014

Date of First Registration 19 04 1999

Year of Manufacture 1999

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1800cc

CO₂ Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour RED

Looks like it's had an engine upgrade from 1600 to 1800 too ;) 

Hi Collinsa,

I have been the owner since September 2003 and have covered many thousands of miles, including several tris to the Le Mans 24hr race. Never missed a beat, partly i'm sure, down to the excellent build quality. Did a 1.8 Zetec transplant a couple of years ago along with quite a few 'upgraditus' items over the years. Current upgrade is a set of TD Pro Race 1.2's. Still love it and have no intention of passing it on to my sons until I can no longer get in and out of the drivers seat. Really good to make contact with you. 

kind regards,

John.

Thanks John

Good to hear she is still going strong. To be honest I wasn't expecting to get anywhere with this post so glad to get your reply.  Wishing you many more happy miles together.  If you, or your sons, do ever decide to move her on, I'd be happy to get first refusal!

Cheers

Adam

Adam, stop messing about and get another.

Oh and rejoin the club.

You know you want to so stop denying yourself.

Yes would like another.  But would need to get rid of the Evo or the Aston first....................... or I suppose I could build another garage.

Park the Westfield in the boot of the Aston.

• 8 years later...

Glad you are enjoying it. Had nineteen years of brilliant fun with it. Broke my back in January so had to sell it. Hope you have as much fun as I did.

John.

• Like 1

Hope you are on the mend!@SlowMo (aka Alex) is certainly making sure she is being used most weekends 👍

20220619_090435.thumb.jpg.1e3aa00f6d0aa53de2aac6b219fb6e58.jpg

20220614_182526.thumb.jpg.c0d892cdc594ab0398ed75e792cf4b73.jpg

20220612_103613.thumb.jpg.f9f4597105c148b037dba3c0da503956.jpg

• Like 2