Xtr2

sparky21

Craig. if its not too much trouble that would be great. like i say not going to be an immediate purchase but saving my christmas money might help : )

Marc. Like ash says, if seconds count then 13s are the ones. you can get a load of 13" slicks on ebay second hand.

The decision has to be, is it going to be more track than road? If yes then lean toward track set up ( with 13s).

Caliper prt no. Are: CP7600-2S0 RHT ( right) and CP7600-3S0 LHT ( left), Pad family CP7600D46. More info is on the AP website. From memory the calipers are the same as wot is fitted to the BMW Mini Cooper s or the MGF. But don't quote me on that! I got the whole lot from Westfield, calipers, brake hoses, pads and vented discs. I would give Russ or Gavin a shout.

Thanks craig. i will keep an eye out, some times there are offers at stoneleigh i might wait until then....give me chance to save some money.

Just one more quick question, does it look like there is a 'fitting kit/adaptor kit' i dont know what to call it that attaches them to the uprights?

thanks

chris

Hi Chris, no fitting kit required, just unbolt the old one and bolt the new ones on! The brake hoses are different! The only thing I had to do was adjust the speed sensor air gap on the offside. As I fitted vented discs as well, which I'm still trying to find the prt no. for. The 4 pot calipers make a hugh differed to the stopping power. You have to be carefull, will lock fronts untill some heat in the front tyres! Could leave more than just skid marks on the road!!

leave more than just skid marks on the road!!

Lol :)

Chaps how do you go about jacking up the front end of your cars? as I've only had mine on ramps before...

I use two of these 2D9A65F0-8F86-4981-8709-521465BBD657_zps

Which you roll the car on to, which give clearance under the front splitter, I use a lenght of old scaffold plank and trolley jack to lift! Place the plank under the splitter where it mounts to the frame! Can be done with nose on or off!

• Like 1
Si Richards

I had a Radical which had next to no clearance at the front because of the splitter and bought one of these: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/files/resized/large/B/img/bgr152p.jpg I cant see why it wouldn't work on the XTR it is quite expensive for a jack but it is a superb bit of kit and saves so much time.

Cheers

Si

If you feel like making one of those jacks i have the plans to make one. Havent got round to doing it myself but if you are handy enough (you probably need to do some welding ) and fancy a challenge, let me know.

I've always fancied a quick lift jack but couldn't justify it. Would b interested in having a go myself! Always felt a bit steptoe in the paddock use a couple of planks if wood! :)

I have to say unless you can get some box section either free or cheap it may not beworth it. having said that i get the feeling that any one who has does cars like us would try just because we can and some times dont care if it costs the fact is we get the satisfaction of trying....if any of that makes sense.

If you are still in for the challenge pm me your e-mail and i will forward the plans.

Make sure you maesure the size. i have a feeling it may need to be extended but its not as difficult as it sounds.

Chris.