Xtr2

sparky21

Hello folks,

Well its been a while since have posted on here, although I have not been a member for the last couple of years I have still been popping back on to see what's been going on and its good to see all of the usual suspects still around :)

For the last couple of years I have been building and racing a Integra DC2 which has been great fun and have thoroughly enjoyed, they are fantastic cars although chalk and cheese with the XTR2.

I have done quite a bit to the XTR2 over the last couple of years and for those of you that remember it had a supercharged busa engine, over the years I had endless problems with reliability due to the supercharger casing cracking and various other problems so with some help of great Cosmick Mike we (He) rebuilt the engine to standard form so I could finally get some reliable use out of it and touch wood since then has been great.

The car has also been up to the gang at Northampton motorsport a couple of times and on the last visit pretty much had a complete chassis strip and rebuild and yet again another re designed fuel delivery system which has been working great.

I have done a few subtle body design mods too as you will see from the pics below.

Any how I have had a bit of a clear out of toys :( so the DC2, Boat and Defender have all gone and want to concentrate on the XTR2 so will be hoping to do as many track days and meets as possible :)

Anyway here are a few current pics as she is

CanonEOS350DCamera019_zps98531b0c.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera013_zpsd30c7098.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera012_zps765501bd.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera008_zpsd12c1099.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera009_zps9c182dac.jpg

• Like 1

Very good to see you back, Sparky. I always thought your car looked great in the McLaren/vodaphone colours. It sounds as if you're now getting the reliability you need too.

If we find ourselves on a track day together I'm sure I'll have many opportunities to spot the reworked nose in my rear mirror, the flanks as you whoosh past me, and the rear view as you disappear into the distance!

Lol :) hello there Brian :) well I don't know about that as I am not the worlds most talented driver but yes that does sound very good :)

Ps your car looks fantastic :) a massive credit to you

Si Richards

What a stunning looking car and an awesome colour scheme. I kind of wish there was a TR2 behind the X that I'm building right now.

Still at least I know what the next project will be.

185/60/13 front and 205/60/13 rear OR 205/60/13 all around on the XTR2 ???? thoughts please :)

Good to see the car is still going, even after all the problems some less dedicated would have given up. it wod be a shame to lose one of the few on the road. what body work mods have you done? The intake looks massive, have you put the bike airbox on yet?. in the process of doing that myself. will let you know how i get on.

Good to see the car is still going, even after all the problems some less dedicated would have given up. it wod be a shame to lose one of the few on the road. what body work mods have you done? The intake looks massive, have you put the bike airbox on yet?. in the process of doing that myself. will let you know how i get on.

Chris :)

Hello mate good to hear from you, I am really please with how the car is at the moment and looking forward to using it a lot next year, the air intake is the same as when I bought it although it was oversized to accommodate the air box when it was supercharged.

I am looking at changing to a standard air box but before that I would like to change to a 13" wheel set up:)

What size wheels/tyres do you run for road/track? I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on how the car is on either from your experiences.

Anyway how is you car doing? hope all is well

Cheers

Marc

had the first drive road drive in mine last week and got to say its a totally different drive to a 7,but really enjoyed it ,the car is going to keep me busy of xmas and January getting the car up to standard.tried posting a photo but its not working for me for some reason

Would be great to see some photo's :) think there is a thread to explain how to upload photo's :)

Hey marc.

I dont run different set up for road/track i dont have the time to be changing between both. just using the 15's for both although i do have two sets of wheels. one with very used 888's the other with a road legal set of tyres that are ok in the wet on track. because i use it on the road the track set up suffers, 100mm ride height for the speed bumps isnt great else where. BUT as i have said before when i do take it on track my very average driving tallent shows and it scares me so its quite fast enough thank you very much. one thing i do need (when i have the money) is better brakes. its still got the standard discovery calipers and there a bit poo. i will tyr and post some pics of my engine cover mod when i get round to it. different scoop for the bike air box and several more air inlets/outlets to help with cooling (just like the vents in your front wing) i am thinking that there will be a venturi effect and draw out the hot air......maybe. what do you think

Lol :) I know what you mean about the talent I am with you there mate :)

I would be very interested in your engine cover mod as I will be doing this myself.

Regarding the venture affect and the front wings, mine were like this when I bought the car but yes you would like to think it aids cooling slightly.

What width wheels and tyres do you run front and rear in the 15's?

We will have to try and catch up at a show/meet at some point next year, be good to catch up :)

Hi Ash,

I'm afraid I do not have any headlight covers :(

Out of interest why do you not see the point in changing to a 13" wheel set up?

Be interested to see why you think not as am deliberating going down this route

Cheers

Marc

Hi Ash

sorry no spare covers but i think i would have a go at making some, not having a go at westfield but any attempt wouldnt fit any worse.

I dont suppose there is a ap part no. on the calipers is there OR a willwood part no. as a wild stab i would have thought they would be m16 replacements but not sure.

i have 195 front 205 rear tyres.

Hi

I have APs fitted on my xtr2. These were supplied by the factory, Can get the prt no. If you want them.

Craig