My proper newbie thread :D

Quinten

Yes yes, I'm sure you all thought I'd be one of those dreamers, but today my dream came true when I collected Poppy (I bought her on armistice day, and she's red :d)

2013-11-23+11_53_59.jpg

You may recognise this particular Westie from the Classifieds as it was the 1st one I went to see. It wasn't love on first sight, mainly as I did not have anything to compare with, so I thanked the seller and went on to see a few others. But with each weekend passing with yet another unsuccessful viewing, the love started to grow and two weeks ago I made the seller an offer... which he accepted  :t-up:

Due to his work commitments, the earliest opportunity to collect Poppy was today... and boy was I glad as the weather was fantastic!

Following a quick visit to the petrol station (rant: why do you always seem to buy a car which is empty, but yet when you sell one it is full?!?!) we went on our way on the M6.

DSC04866.JPG

We stopped after about 30 minutes at a service station for some lunch, but when we got in to continue, Poppy refused to start! The battery was obviously not charged enough to start her, so after a few failed attempts at a push start, I bought a jump lead from the petrol station and got her running again... Pfew!

DSC04868.JPG

We made some real distance and about 30 minutes from our home, we stopped once more, just to give my legs a stretch and this time my daughter wanted to ride shot-gun. Big smiles!

DSC04875.JPG

Once home I tucked her away safely for the night, but not before I connected the charger on the battery :d

2013-11-23+15_56_16.jpg

On Monday she will be dropped off at Northampton Motorsport, where she will receive a proper pampering session, before I start our commuting adventure  :westy:

Yay well done, looks like a nice motor. 

By the way Westfields are always empty of fuel. Every trip out in mine starts with a trip to the petrol station! 

• Like 1

DSC04875.JPG

Welcome to the club, your first upgrade should be a drivers seat !

• Like 2

good work. sounds like you really enjoyed yourself :d

• Like 1

Looks great, well done and congratulations.

• Like 1

Looking at the first photo I thought it was a left hand drive !!! Nice car though Quinten hope you have many many happy hours driving ...............and tinkering :yes:

• Like 1

Hi Quinten

Like the look of your new toy - there again I would cos i've bought one just the same !!

We will have to get together sometime for a photoshoot of our twins together

• Like 1

Nice looking car there and I'm glad she made it all the way home. Maybe see you out and about next year

Phil

• Like 1

Looks like it's found a good home, nothing like that first drive home - here's to many more happy drives!  Enjoy! :t-up:

• Like 1

Cheers guys  :yes:

Have been out for another blast today, and apart from the gear knob coming off, the carpet on the tunnel (next to the clutch pedal) coming loose and the petrol tank being empty again it all went without drama :d

Was initially going to drive it to work tomorrow and drop it off at NMS in the afternoon, but having second thoughts now, so will instead drop it off first thing in the morning.  Doubt is also starting to creap in with regards to daily commuting...  have I bitten off more than I can chew?  Tune in for another episode, soon! ;)

Was that you I spotted j22 south bound at 08:30 Saturday morning or some other brave soul having fun?

Nice little car looks well :)

Daily commute !!!! Starting in December in a Westfield now that will be interesting for you

I've ridden motorbikes through the winter but there's not that much to clean on a motorbike