Different Westfield colours, codes etc

msisleman

Right I'm bored of searching both the forum and Google now, I can't find much, if any info on Westfield colour codes, names, maybe nearest RAL alternative etc. I'm trying to find out what colour red mine is! On one of the labels in the grp it says production code 4323 (along with the other irrelevant info).

Cheers,

Craig.

Yeah all my panels have the sticker with info, but what does it actually mean? The only part I can see that might be relevant to the colour is the production code, all the rest is nothing to do with the colour itself. Is there not a thread on this site with at least the names of the Westfield colours through the years? Ideally I want to find the nearest RAL code to my colour so that I can buy some gel coat. I will ring westfield on Monday, but thought there'd initially be more info here.

With a red car in particular Gary's suggestion is by far the best; all the colours are affected by sunlight to some extent, but red, just like with red painted cars, does seem to age and weather the most.

You can buy small pots of gel coat from Westfield (about a tenner) for making repairs. But even though it's the same colour, the match can vary from spot on to miles out depending on how much the car has faded over the years.

You would have the same issue if you tried to match paint to the original colour; it might match that, but stand out like a sore thumb on the car!

Oh, and to answer the original question; no, we don't have colour charts or lists, the factory has used a variety of suppliers over the years. I presume as a batch of one colour started to run out, it would be replaced by which ever supplier offered the best price. There isn't therefore a definitive 1998 supplier or 2009 supplier in the same way that there would be consistency on a model years paint finishes with a tin top supplier. (Hence the batch codes inside the grp panels, so that at least they can be matched at the time of manufacture, (it also used to identify which mould set a set of bodywork had come from. Not sure how many moulds they actually have since it went out-of-house).

• Like 1

Excellent info guys thanks, everything I needed to know. I'll get the nearest RAL colour and order some gel coat from east coast supplies.

Bear in mind to that the colour on the screen will be no-where near to what a colour chart will be and colours do vary from batch to batch from any supplier , if you have a fibreglass place near you to save buying a colour chart . Try looking at something like ral3001 although complete list is not on their website , Russ should be able to sort some out for from the Factory although delivery time varies on their supplier .

Thanks, I've repaired the fibreglass from the inside, think I'm just going to filler and prep the outside till it's smooth then wrap it!

Craig.

• 5 years later...

I'm looking for some pigmented gel coat to match the existing body.

Does the Parts Department sell pots of this.

Or any suggestions please.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer WPD.

Could you give me an idea how much the tub contains as I need

the gelcoat for infilling a cut out in the bonnet, so an area of 36" x 32".

Also the lead time is quoted as 3 to 4 weeks is that firm.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

@Westfield Parts Dept

Can you Colour match gel coat if a piece of bodywork is supplied ? 

Thank you