Westfield Mega S2000 question and greetings from the USA.

Davemk1

I've got the JK shell seats, bolted down, so no runners. If you need any dimensions to the seat base, from the roof supports, just shout out!

I've got the JK shell seats, bolted down, so no runners. If you need any dimensions to the seat base, from the roof supports, just shout out!

That would be great - consider this to be a shout!

dave

OK, been measuring - it's dark and several degrees below outside, so haven't hung around to take photo's, but just so you're clear on the seat style, here's an old pic.

WSCC-48.jpg

Measured from the lowest point on top of the seat padding, (which is only thin), to the underside of the roof bar over your head is aprox 37 3/4". Measured from the floor where it butt's up to the rear bulkhead to the underside of the same roof bar is 38 1/4"

By eck, the things I do...

Right, just tried sitting in the car roof up, helmet on. It's tight! If I put my hand on top of my helmeted head, the roof and roof bar, (depending just where my hand is) just touches the roof if my hand is towards the back, and just touches the bar if further forward. I reckon I could just drive like that! Now, obviously, the seats I've got have you quite laid back! But for reference. With me sat down, back bolt upright against a door (!) the top of my head to the ground is 36 3/4"

Hey Dave - 

As we would say in the states - "you are the man". Thanks for all the detail. This is great info.

I think, based on what you said earlier in this thread, that the car you measured does not have the dropped floors - is that right?

dave

Correct, flat floors, the same as Paul's car.

So let's be "mean" with my figures, and say with a helmet on, I had a half inch of clearance. That would mean with the dropped floors I'd have around 2 1/2".

One thing I'd isn't check was lateral head movement. (Forward and back was OK, as was turning to look sideways).

I reckon, contrary to what I'd have guessed earlier, I could make an attempt to drive my hood up, roof on. Wouldn't want to on the road though, and not sure in competition. But an extra 2", that would make quite a difference.

Oh, forgot to add before, my seat is all the way back to the rear bulkhead.

• Like 1

It's looking like I would fit with dropped floors (standard on the S2000) and a shell seat bolts to the floor. Not by much but I think I could do it on occation. Most of the time I'd be top off but it's important to me that I fit in with the top in place.

Thanks so much Dave!

dave

Our Gadgetman is a big guy, so if he fits as described above, your experience should be similar. :)

When I bought my latest kit, the chassis came with a lowered floor, I thought what the eck do I need a lowered floor for? :laugh:

so I cut it off and welded some new flat seat mounting bars. :d

When I bought my latest kit, the chassis came with a lowered floor, I thought what the eck do I need a lowered floor for? :laugh:

so I cut it off and welded some new flat seat mounting bars. :d

I know I shouldn't but :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :oops::blush::down:  Sorry Paul. (I'm gonna get kneecapped at this rate, mental note - avoid Paul for a few years, till he forgets....)

You've had your first warning..........

You've had your first warning..........

But I haven't! :laugh:

Is this you Paul, especially at 39 seconds in? :p  ;)  :laugh:  :devil:  :westy:

Oi! wots this, get Paul week? :d

It's a good job I've got Rhinocerous skin :p

But you pair have got your cards marked..............

But you pair have got your cards marked..............

Result! :t-up: