Westfield Mega S2000 question and greetings from the USA.

Davemk1

The photo of my car may help you.

I have the lowered floor and Tillett B5 in the drivers side.

A B5 was designed for an Elise and is about the same size as the standard lotus seat.

I am 6'2

I think you will fit in the car fine but personally I think it would be tight with the roof and a helmet.

Websize

The photo of my car may help you.

I have the lowered floor and Tillett B5 in the drivers side.

A B5 was designed for an Elise and is about the same size as the standard lotus seat.

I am 6'2

I think you will fit in the car fine but personally I think it would be tight with the roof and a helmet.

I very much appreciate all the info - cool group of owners here.

I have the Tillet seat in my Elise and was considering using it in the Westfield - good to know if fits.

Dave

Ok I'll measure mine tomorrow......in inches :t-up:

Thanks so much - it can be in inches or 'metric inches' if that's easier.........we have the power to convert those numbers. 

dave

Ok as promised pics with the roof on, my car is a 2009 SEIW with a flat floor and std Westfield sports seats on runners.

I'm 5'-6" tall.

DSCF3697.jpg

DSCF3698.jpg

DSCF3699.jpg

DSCF3701.jpg

DSCF3702.jpg

I will next spring it's sorned now, all wrapped up to keep it warm, and the whole thing is on trolleys to keep the weight off the tyres :d

Ok as promised pics with the roof on, my car is a 2009 SEIW with a flat floor and std Westfield sports seats on runners.

I'm 5'-6" tall.

DSCF3697.jpg

DSCF3698.jpg

DSCF3699.jpg

DSCF3701.jpg

DSCF3702.jpg

Hey Paul - thanks so much! That is very cool.

it looks like you must have about 4-5" above your head with your set up. Is that right?

Did you get a number from the lowest part of the seat where your butt sits up to the roof bow? I'm having a bit of trouble seeing.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this - it means a lot.

Dave

Er, how can I put this delicately; don't read too much I to Paul having that much free space over his noggin!  :blush:  :laugh: 

Oi you wotchit :p

Dave (the other one) I'm just going outside with my ruler, will report back soon. :t-up:

Ok here we go :d

Yes Dave 4-5" from the top of my head to the forward support bar of the roof frame.

From the seat squab (thats the bit you sit on) where it joins the backrest to the same roof bar is 34"

Dont forget with a padded seat you will get some compression so the 34" may increase slightly, unless of course you have solid shell type seats. HTH :t-up:

Edit to add.

If you have a lowered floor you will gain an extra 2" in headroom, the penalty for this is reduced ground clearance, not not much of a problem if the car is used mainly on the track, but if your planning on using it on mountain roads (and living in Montana, why not) be prepared for the odd clunk now and again ;)

Thanks Paul - 

That is what I needed.

I assume your seat is mounted to some sliders that allow adjustment fore/aft?

Thanks again,

dave

Hey Paul - 

Cool. Can you make a rough guess as to how much space there is between the bottom of the seat shell and the floor itself? I suppose one would need to press there face against the floor in front of the seat and peer under it and I apologize for asking you to do this.

Thanks again for all the help.

dave

Hi dave, the adjustable seat runners lift the seat about 3/4" so thats a bit more clearance you can gain if you do away with them and have a fixed seat, lots of people do.

Hi dave, the adjustable seat runners lift the seat about 3/4" so thats a bit more clearance you can gain if you do away with them and have a fixed seat, lots of people do.

Thanks Paul - 

That 3/4"ish, combined with a shell seat and lowered floor (1 3/8") should get me pretty darn close.

Thanks again for your help - it's very much appreciated.

Dave