Sign in to follow this  
Ian Bunker

Radiator - best option?

Ian Bunker

My 95 SE Narrow came with a much modified Vauxhall Viva radiator. No pressure cap as it has two bottom ends. It's ok but heavy and bulky and has been dented to allow the nose to go over - just! No means of bleeding air out. I'm told by the Locost racers that they use a VW Polo Rad but there are so many different part numbers and models. Can anyone advise best option please? Preferably a spurious cheaper part than official veedub. The engine is a Pinto SOHC. Many thanks in advance

The Molestrangler

Ian,

When I fitted a Polo rad to my Pinto engined Tiger I bought a Polo rad, part number VW14 from Northern Radiators and I work for a VW dealer. Cheap price and first rate service, rad arrived next day. I do have a list of all the hoses and joiners I used to change from the Tiger rad to Polo rad if this would assist you.

Ian

the stoat

Where are you based as I have a polo rad taking up space in my garage. It does have 4 holes through it for fan mounting but free to a good home if you are local.

• Like 1

The Molestrangler

Ian,

You have email

Ian