Applecross 2014 camp McWesty

ziplob

Weather looking good for you guys ,maybe a wee spot of rain tonight at Applecross but very little ,good forecast all the way up and maybe a wee spot on the way home around 1 ish near Fort William ,other than that as Bob says let the fun begin,

ENJOY.

Wee Dov.

Hi All you Applecross tarts

Just had a call from Dave ,from Inverness ,himself and another have had to turn back ,torrential rain!!!

If anyone especially Bob if your out of bed yet,, the two boys from Inverness ain't coming!,,,,,,,

Hopefully you pick this up on mobile ,Deano your. My best hope for this ,gadgetman

Signal not good at Applecross

All the best anyway ,Rod Stewart look out ha ha

All the best Wee Dov

• Like 1

As Dave says, sorry we can't make it. Been looking forward to it all year, but only got 2 miles down the road and everything got totally soaked. Forecast was for more rain so decided, very reluctantly, to abandon  :cry: . Maybe we should have camped, then at least we would have been there this morning already!

Always next year!

Enjoy the run guys and stay safe!

David

Wow! First time at applecross and it was brilliant! Weather was almost perfect all weekend apart from two light showers. Big thanks to Bob and the team for organising it. I would love to go back next year. Photos to be d/loaded and posted later. Cheers everyone

• Like 1

Just back too and what a brilliant weekend again! Almost completely dry run back too. Now, engine issues await..... :(

• Like 1

That's me home safe an hour later than planed, due the nice man with yellow flashy lights having re wire my alternator. Again the best applecross ever for me, thanks for a great week end to all.

• Like 1

Home safe too!

Here's a few quick pics but watch out for our full report in the next issue of Westfield World .. much to be revealed and derring do!

721CA65D-4DEC-4C5D-A68E-7D77A54835AC_zps

Coming down the Pass away from Applecross - one of numerous epic views!

2BED69DF-F1A9-47FC-A320-FB5D89B63044_zps

The gathering of Clan McWesty!

3F6FD9E6-B87D-40DF-9CD3-DAE8851CE9E8_zps

Drinkies after Skye run on Saturday at the Applecross Inn - with a view!

• Like 1

Home safely and relatively dry though rained from the Lecht all the way home. Thaks to the guys in the van for "shadowing" me till I got fuel the westy must have been on fumes as guage showed zero!!!. Awesome weekend with a great group of people.

Great weekend and reasonable weather, got a mostly dry run all the way down. Met up with the guys for brekkie at fort william, removed my wheel spacers then my clutch threw the toys out the pram. Managed to nurse it home.

Great weekend, great company, great roads.

Big thanks to Bob for all the work in making it a success.

• Like 1

Great weekend and reasonable weather, got a mostly dry run all the way down. Met up with the guys for brekkie at fort william, removed my wheel spacers then my clutch threw the toys out the pram. Managed to nurse it home.

What's this about wheel spacers?

Is the clutch the cable broken?

Just back too and what a brilliant weekend again! Almost completely dry run back too. Now, engine issues await..... :(

What's up with the motor?

What's up with the motor?

Oil pressure through the roof and blowing oil out the front of the engine (8 bar, should be 4-5), very noisy cams and an overcharging alternator. Apart from that it's fine. :)

... then my clutch threw the toys out the pram.

Not good! Wasn't it a new set?