WESTFIELD ONLY TRACKDAY AT CROFT 7TH JUNE 2014 BARGAIN PRICE !

JeffC

I've been trying to get a timetable for Saturday, without much success.. I suggest we go by last year's, which was signing on from 7-30, and the briefing was 8-45.

Re getting in to the circuit, I've been told anyone who's payed for track time has free entry, passengers are a fiver. The gate staff will presume anyone in a Westy is on track, so you shouldn't get any hassle. Any problems, say you're in Jeff Cooper's group, or mention Dave Easton who is Jeff's RS club contact.

Don't forget your driving licence.. paper part too, to be on the safe side.

There's Petrol about ten minutes from the circuit on the A167 towards Northallerton.

Sun screen, brollies... etc :t-up:

If I find out more, I'll let you know..

Weather improving for Saturday (Met Office)

Overnight = Coudy

10am = light rain

1pm = light rain

4pm = light rain sunny intervals

7pm heavy rain (finished by then)

I guess wet day tyres still apply

Spare place. £125

Back and neck injury doesn't take well to the Westfield.

Also in parts for sale.

Anyone ?

Bob

Chaps

I'm very sorry but despite working pretty much every spare minute on my car over the last few weeks I'm not ready and not going to make it this weekend. Absolutely gutted as its been my goal for months!

Thank you for organising the event and I hope you all have a great day!

I'll be thinking of you while I'm probably crying in my garage!

Thanks again

Richard H

The sun is shining! ...it's a good start to the day. :cool:

OK, If I'm honest, the sun didn't shine for long.. :laugh:

ShaggyCroft_zpsa0d9dd45.jpg

Fantastic day.... Thank you to everyone

Well, it started off OK. First session was dry, second session I was sitting in my car with slicks fitted when it started raining.. thankfully it didn't get too wet for them.

After that it was slippy sliding about on R888s. Enjoyed it all the same. Unfortunately my car developed some sort of missfire during the afternoon, which didn't really clear properly, but seemed to diminish if I kept my toe down.

Pete was on photography duties, and only got one session.. it doesn't look like all the cars were out, but here's a few of what I have.

A few more are uploaded here:

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/dixonandrew/library/Croft%20RS%20day%207-6-14#/user/dixonandrew/library/Croft%20RS%20day%207-6-14?sort=3&page=1&_suid=14021700187190002743048828470651

(If anyone wants some higher res ones mailing, just ask. )

DSC_9762_zps40c04ac9.jpg

DSC_9746_zps8a2db604.jpg

DSC_9742_zpsb0e4af05.jpg

DSC_9731_zps0740d794.jpg

DSC_9725_zps1e90132b.jpg

DSCF4419_zps0a3a73ef.jpg

I'll upload some pictures this week when I get the chance

Brill weekend

And you still have half of it left :-)

Glad everyone had a good day, sorry I couldn't make this one.

locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/angusweb.jpg

1 1/2 sessions then the prop adapter came loose and was rattling against the transmission tunnel. Investigated it in the workshop today and adapter is goosed (teeth badly worn). Needed to modify a 32mm socket to fit the new adapter and remove remains of old one so trackside repair would have been very difficult.

I did enjoy meeting up with you all and the 1 1/2 was good experience on a new track to me.

Hope to order new one from Attitude Roadsters also new nut required. I may add locking grub screws and wire the flange bolts that were also loose.