Quoting a previous message - doesn't work for me.

Rory's Dad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rory's Dad

• Captain Colonial

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• ACW

As above really.  There's probably a secret button which I cant find...

Rory's Dad

Do you have a quote button at the bottom right of the box that surrounds each individual post?

As above really.  There's probably a secret button which I cant find...

Rory's Dad

Works for me on Firefox...the Quote button is in the lower right corner of the member's signature you wish to quote - can you see it?

*shakes tiny powerless fist at Gadgetman for beating me to the response* :laugh:  ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you want to get really trick, you can even use the multiquote button - the one just to the left of the quote button, down just below and to the right of the poster's signature, that will produce:

*shakes tiny powerless fist at Gadgetman for beating me to the response* :laugh:  ;)

and then, go to another post and press the multiquote button again, to add:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:yes:

Changing the subject slightly, if I post using my Samsung galaxy tablet I don't get the "option" box (with the fonts, smileys and bold etc). I think others have commented on this. However I do get the quote and multi quote buttons.

Weird - what browser are you running, Martin?

In the reply to topic section at the bottom of each thread, are you, when you start typing in there, seeing the tool bar at the top of the text box? (Two lines, fonts, size, colour emoticons etc on the top line, Bold, Italics, line numbering etc on the second line)

It's Internet Explorer Scott.  I've just upgraded to Windows 8.1 - could that be it??

Yes Dave - all tool bars present and correct.

Rory's Dad

Yep, I'm betting it is a Win 8.1 and IE issue.  Can you try another browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari (other browsers are available, etc.)?

It's fine in Chrome.  Bloomin' Microsoft - one good OS (XP, IE7) followed by a bad one (Vista, IE8).  I'm on the latter, wife's on the former :angry:

Rory's Dad

Yep, I'm betting it is a Win 8.1 and IE issue.  Can you try another browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari (other browsers are available, etc.)?

Windows 8.1 with Chrome works OK for me