Soft top

benc

Westfield supply a fitting kit for use with the RAC bar. No hacking about of the frame required. It simply lifts over the frame when putting it up or taking it down, and drops back down once it's cleared the roll bar. Dead easy to use.

I wouldn't personally want to use the hood with only an RAC bar for support, as the forward rail lifts the area of hood over your head quite a bit. It also puts a decent slope in the roof for rain to drain away instead of pooling when stationary.

Thanks for all the comments - Im convinced into getting a hood but next questions, Where From ? any hood fitter or Westfield themselves ?  

Yes, lots of us!

Whats the fitting kit part?

it normally includes such things as the brackets to bolt to the chassis which the hood frame attaches too, the male and female press-studs for the hood and body, locting tab/bolt for the top of the screen, rivets, and a few other bits which i can't remember :)

As Smokey n Dave, I'm for hood use and getting out when there might be precipitation.

I do a lot more miles having security in the knowledge that if the weather really turns sour the hoods in the back.

I have made a single hoop for in front of the RAC bar, instead of using the Westfield frame.

Not quite as neet looking when hoods up but much easier to get there imo.

I have the normal roof bars and roll bar at the moment what parts do I need to fabricate adapters for the roof bars to suit a RAC roll bar?

I'm thinking plates to lengthen the bottom hinge?

Or are they already available?

Or are they already available?

yes, the factory should be able to sell you some

Benc, I don't know whether you have a wide or narrow bodied car, but just to be clear the hood on the Westfield parts website is for a wide body. :)