Essex Blat of France 2014 Now July 24th - 27th

Pistol Pete

Instead of doing the annual SKCC road trip next year and in preparation for 2015 I fancy doing a slightly less extreme driving holiday/road trip to Northern France next year.

I have planned an initial route which will total approx 900 miles (no motorways) over 4 days - which will be 19th - 22nd june 2014.  24th to 27th July.

Day 1 - Will take us from Calais across the Pont de Normandy to Hon Fleur for a full days driiving on the first day, total mileage will be approx 180 mile + the journey to Dover. 

Day 2 - A short (110 miles) trip to heading to Amein for lunch, after which we will have the afternoon to relax or blat (whichever takes your fancy). 

Day 3 - Another short day heading this time from Amein to Reims to explore the remains of the historic Grand Prix circuit and pits complex. Again arriving at Lunch time having completed a lap of the GP circuit or two then the afternoon to yourselves.

Days 4 - Final day will be Reims to Calais, 175 miles then from Dover home.

The Channel tunnel will be used for the crossing as it takes less time and its loading level is far more consistent and Westy friendly.

An itinerary of the route will be provided for TomTom or Garmin SatNavs, all accommodation will be low cost hotels (Premier Inn style) with off road parking near the centre of town. All booking will be made by members individually.

Cost breakdown should be something like:

Ferry £90

Hotel x3 £180

Fuel £250

Breakdown Cover

Food & Drink

You know it will be a blast so who fancies joining in? :cool:  :cool:  :cool: 

Sounds great Pete :yes: i'll need to check my diary carefully though as I'll be coming back from France (LeMans) on the 17th.

I did Riems whist I was there this year and it's a very interesting place to see, I'll dig out a few pictures.

The tunnels through Rouen are awesome :d :D :d

• Like 1

Wow x 4 :d  :d  :d  :d .   Pete.   I'll just check my diary--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm FREE!

• Like 1

i am planning on doing Kirkyboys somme trip but if thaty doesnt come off i'd love to do this one with you if i get bigger wheels or a longer diff..... :-)

• Like 1

go on Gary :d

• Like 1

I'm definitely interested, should be able to get a 4 day trip signed off by the missus

I don't have any space for luggage in the car though so just 3 pairs of pants and a toothbrush will have to do :)

• Like 1

Don't think I can swing this one as I'll have just got back from Le Mans  :(

That's the same dilemma I have at the moment Jim, I'll have only been back one day before turing around and heading back over the channel again. If I can make it work somehow though then I will :)

That's the same dilemma I have at the moment Jim, I'll have only been back one day before turing around and heading back over the channel again. If I can make it work somehow though then I will :)

Hotel for a night in Calais?

id hang on and have a few beers in france Mark....

That could work, except I'll be in the wrong one of my cars :oops: