capri anyone

Hammy

Some people have a weird sense of taste.

A wouldn't give 15 pence for this heap of poo, let alone £15,000

Fairlady always struck me as a really odd name for a car... was there ever a Datsun Slapper or Tart?

Cant believe there's a Capri under that.

Fairlady was the Japanese home market name for the 240Z and successors. They had/have some weird names on the home market. A good one was the Datsun Cedric, popular as a Tokyo taxi and also appealed to a certain sector of the male Australian market as a 'Cedric' in Australia is a 'friend of Dorothy' IYSWIM.  :oops:

I love V8's, I love Capri's, I even quite like some of the Hot Rods you see on TV.

So I suppose I should love this. 

Not my taste at all though. Perhaps it's just a product of its time and hasn't aged well.

The president of Datsun (later Nissan) visited London and was taken to see My Fair Lady which was playing in a West End theatre at the time. He enjoyed it so much that when he returned to Japan he gave orders that the next new car was to be called Fairlady.

I wass told this by a senior VP of Datsun in 1976 when he visited our dealership in Whitechapel London.

There was a very nice Capri on eBay, V8 conversion and a lovely looking "Sleeper" in white. I posted it here a while ago.

When Venom was built it was in the late 70's early eighties. At that time "Custom Cars ruled" and ALLY PALLY, Doncaster Manchester and Birmingham all had huge custom car shows. The Chelsea cruise was a huge affair and the cars got evermore outlandish. Draylon interiors, murals, metalflake paint which was so deep you could feel the depth differance were the norm. This car was a multipul show winner at that time. Looking at it now it does not sit well but remember times and taste changes, how many on here had a perm, kipper ties and velvet jackets. When I look at pictures of me from those days I cringe but I fitted the time and the fashion. If I went down the street in what I wore then I would look as out of place as that car does now.

What you cannot take away was the workmanship that went into it was top notch.

The president of Datsun (later Nissan) visited London and was taken to see My Fair Lady which was playing in a West End theatre at the time. He enjoyed it so much that when he returned to Japan he gave orders that the next new car was to be called Fairlady.

I wass told this by a senior VP of Datsun in 1976 when he visited our dealership in Whitechapel London.

Was his name Cedric? :p