Is there a market for a nearly finished XI?

sunny8

I have finally come to the realisation that I'll need to sell my XI and that it might have to be pre-IVA. I purchased it in the limited re-run of 50 a few years ago and she has been a labour of love since and has followed me round the country ever since - putting her in storage when we haven't had garages. We've just had a second kid and bought our first house and changed jobs and I won't be able to keep her on. I've never been in a huge hurry and have had great fun working on her, the idea was to build her to a very high standard and keep her for ever!

I'd like to get an idea whether there would be a market for her pre-IVA?

Nick Algar

There is always a market, but without IVA, you end up pretty much at the cost of the parts and with a normal kit often lower.

There is always a market, but without IVA, you end up pretty much at the cost of the parts and with a normal kit often lower.

+1 Nick's right, there's always a market but it might not be at a price you want to accept... finish it and pass the IVA and you'd be quids in :t-up:

XTR2Turbo

There probably is but often you will take a big hit. 

Don't rule out getting a quote from the factory to finish and IVA and then sell.  You might net more.

• Like 1

Thanks for the swift response, I'd like to IVA before sale - as much for the satisfaction as anything - just got to find the time! I'll try getting back in touch with the factory and see if they'll quote. To be honest I've not really looked at resale prices, would I be best off looking back at posts here?

• 2 weeks later...
alexander72

Sunny,  I am  in the market for an eleven - I will PM you.

Kind regards

James