• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lochnessside

• David-hrv

• Doug Dastardly

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Or taking it at an angle?

I caught a lip into our shed and bent mine on one of my first runs, unfortunately it's bent forwards now so it'll be even worse if I catch it going forwards.

Will need to have a WSCC-North meeting before the years up. :db-westy:  :yellow-westy:  :orange-westy:  :black-westy:  :westy:  :pink-westy:

A north meeting and run sounds like a good plan!

Yes a sound idea if it is not lashing with rain, roads salty and full of snow. So than means May 2014!!!!!!!! I do not want my new toy to get rusty.

If  we get a weather window even for a few hours we could try to meet up?

GARAGE PROBLEM SOLVED!

i JUST BARROWED IN 2 TONNES OF CRUSHED STONE i HAVE AND NOW THERE IS  A NICE WEE RAMP!

I'll come round and check you've done it right!

:laugh: There's always a solution! I like your approach, you'll fit in perfectly round here...  ;)   :oops:   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

It is not uncommon for people to remove the offending hoop using an angle grinder

Many cars do not have this feature and I do not think it strengthens the chassis

Ooh wouldn't dare do that around me, to many poxy speed bumps so trust the hoop as an indicator of how I should or shouldn't approach my local Westie killers!

Welcome to the club lochnessside that's a nice looking car you have there. Enjoy it, don't worry about a bit of rust just give's you an excuse to do more bit ons the car ;-)

A few, rather than cut the hoop completely, have simply cut a small piece out of the middle, bent the end back in till they meet and welded it back up again. That way it's still there doing whatever it does  ;) but only sticks down as much as needed.

I was going to do it myself at one point, but over the years, it's steadily adjusted itself out of the way. (Now sits at a jaunty angle leaning backwards slightly!)