SEiW Wanted £6k Max

atl502

Hello all,

New member here and Im looking for my first Westfield.

My budget is £6k max and I am ideally looking for the following:

- SEiW car

- Zetec Engine

- Full Screen and Wet Weather Gear

- Disk brakes all round

- Adjustable shocks and independent suspension

- 5 Speed Gearbox (with Quickshift / short throw?)

Other things that would be nice to have are an RAC Roll bar, Removable steering wheel, decent buckets with harness.

Would also consider a well sorted Crossflow or 2.0L Vauxhall.

I am based in Leamington Spa and am willing to travel for the right car, anywhere within say 3, maybe 4 hours.

I appreciate this may be a tall order at this budget but if you have something that seems to fit or know of a well set up road/track car within budget, please get in touch!

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi,

Welcome to the club!

Well Adam I hope you get close to that, as an idea I spent 18 months looking at westfield's and my car was £10k. 1.8 Zetec, SeiW, mt75 gearbox, full weather gear, doors, screen, 4point harnesses, RAC bar, adjustable shocks all round, discs all round, 2005 car with 1864 miles on the clock. I've done a lot to it and spent a few grand on seats, wheels, QRS steering wheel and lots of carbon fibre.

I do think you'll be far better looking for a really good crossflow, seen a few nice ones for that price. Looked at reasonable 2.0 vauxhall's for around £7k. I had pinto power pre Zetec and that was also a vary good engine, 2.0 injection... Pretty much a standard engine with 105bhp... Normal road driving was perfectly fine, engine parts were cheap and easy to find/fit and a whole engine is pretty cheap if you need one. I turbo'd mine and got 162 BHP!!! I then found out big turbo's don't work in seven's (was a Robin Hood) and sold it to by my Westfield.

Feel free to PM if you think I can help at all.

• Like 1

Oh, you missed out the CVH engine. I don't know why people seem to avoid it, but I've not heard anything bad about it and know a couple of people very happy with theirs.

Hi,

Welcome to the club!

Well Adam I hope you get close to that, as an idea I spent 18 months looking at westfield's and my car was £10k. 1.8 Zetec, SeiW, mt75 gearbox, full weather gear, doors, screen, 4point harnesses, RAC bar, adjustable shocks all round, discs all round, 2005 car with 1864 miles on the clock. I've done a lot to it and spent a few grand on seats, wheels, QRS steering wheel and lots of carbon fibre.

I do think you'll be far better looking for a really good crossflow, seen a few nice ones for that price. Looked at reasonable 2.0 vauxhall's for around £7k. I had pinto power pre Zetec and that was also a vary good engine, 2.0 injection... Pretty much a standard engine with 105bhp... Normal road driving was perfectly fine, engine parts were cheap and easy to find/fit and a whole engine is pretty cheap if you need one. I turbo'd mine and got 162 BHP!!! I then found out big turbo's don't work in seven's (was a Robin Hood) and sold it to by my Westfield.

Oh, you missed out the CVH engine. I don't know why people seem to avoid it, but I've not heard anything bad about it and know a couple of people very happy with theirs.

Hi,

Welcome to the club!

Hello guest,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I know that those requirements are certainly pushing it at this budget! I imagine I will be doing something similar with QRS steering wheel and carbon fibre!

I am happy to go with a well sorted car with a different engine.

PM sent, thanks very much.

My car was only a few hundred over £6k and is an SEiW Zetec (on carbs), MT75 gearbox, disc brakes etc with the full weather gear etc. so you aren't asking the earth I don't think. Mine had done 14k miles and was 12 years old. It's almost inevitable that you'll spen money on it

Looked through cars for sale... There's a few good ones in there!

Peter, I did it the other way. If a deal is done does that make us the parents?

I'm in there too...

Does that make it a threesome?

Not sure I can cope now.

Lets do as Peter says and remain pen pals.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.