Newbie here, does anyone know this car?

atl502

Hi again for reference I paid 5k for a 1700 xflow narrow last October one builder owner from new

An 1800 zetec powered car would be a very easy upgrade to a 2ltr zetec or 2ltr ST170 focus engine if you want more power later :) :) :) :)

Very good advice to go along to the meeting tonight

Ok, last question before I leave you guys alone for a while...!

Am I right in thinking this is a very nice spec zetec car? Or just my newbie hat on...

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/all-models/westfield-2-0-zetec-se-w-widebody/1618245#

Thats my old car I sold a few weeks ago for 5k, a good solid little car in need of some tlc and a few quid spending on it. but not worth £8250 imho

Marty, is the seller a dealer or a private person. Pistonheads doesn't seem to say.

Marty, is the seller a dealer or a private person. Pistonheads doesn't seem to say.

Private seller Norm who's using some "poetic licence" to try and make a quick buck  :no:

Only thing I would say is to look elsewhere. Nothing to do with the high price but at that price I would expect a dealer warranty and some comeback if it went wrong.

Hi All,

I ended up going to see the car anyway after talking to the guy.

It is indeed Martins old car, (thanks for the phone conversation once again), it was pretty much as expected. The same as when you sold it.

Still worth the trip for the experience, went out for a spin in it as well as an aero screened Tiger Avon with a 2L zetec on throttle bodies, that was very fun, think I have got the bug already!

Certainly not worth the money asking, for the few bits of work he said he had done and knowing the price of the car I wouldnt have gone any higher than 5.5k but no way is he taking that kind of deal.

Shame really because it's a sound little car, at the right price for the right owner it would be a nice project.

Hi All,

I ended up going to see the car anyway after talking to the guy.

It is indeed Martins old car, (thanks for the phone conversation once again), it was pretty much as expected. The same as when you sold it.

Still worth the trip for the experience, went out for a spin in it as well as an aero screened Tiger Avon with a 2L zetec on throttle bodies, that was very fun, think I have got the bug already!

Certainly not worth the money asking, for the few bits of work he said he had done and knowing the price of the car I wouldnt have gone any higher than 5.5k but no way is he taking that kind of deal.

That's a good call Adam, take your time ( I know that's the hard part ) you'll find the right car, good luck. Martin

That's a good call Adam, take your time ( I know that's the hard part ) you'll find the right car, good luck. Martin

Thanks Martin, already have a few others in the pipe line! Will know the right one when I find it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I should update this topic since I have made my purchase!

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone on here that replied or messaged me with advice or offers. The forum was fantastic in helping me understand and choose what I wanted and should be looking for. Special thanks to guest for the great advice and Marto for the history on your car!

So to the details, it is a yellow 1998 SEiW with a 2.0L XE engine on SBD tapered throttle bodies with MBE management. Full wet weather gear, momo wheel and standard westfield seats (didnt realise how comfy they were!). Certainly quick enough at just under 200bhp but a trip to Northampton Motorsport is on the cards to get everything set up properly.

Already driven over 500 miles since thursday last week, can't get the grin off my face!

Pictures to follow when I get a chance.

Cheers,

Adam

Congratulations Adam! Have fun with it.

Nice one Adam, hope the wait finding the right car wasn't to painful. Where's the photos ?

Good to hear you found the right car for you and the weathers still looking good for a bit longer too :t-up:

Great, another yellow XE engine car, there's quite a few of us about so you won't be short of help.

Happy motoring :westy: and watch out in wet weather with that power.

Great, another yellow XE engine car, there's quite a few of us about so you won't be short of help.

Happy motoring :yellow-westy: and watch out in wet weather with that power.

Fixed that for ya!

Rory's Dad