Westfield SEIW 1998 – 2.0L C20XE Vauxhall Redtop **SOLD***

uk89camaro

Westfield SEIW 1998 – 2.0L C20XE Vauxhall Redtop

One of the early widebodies (arches don’t detatch), with cycle wings up front, a windscreen plus deflectors, resplendent in “boghouse blue”. It’s on a “Q” plate.

It has 12 months MOT (end July), and tax until November.

The whole chassis only has 8,900 miles, and this engine has somewhat less than that. I have put the grand total of 360 miles on it in the last year. I didn’t build this but I have a full build record with receipts and photographs, with additional paperwork on every penny I’ve spent on it in the last three years.

It has just come back from NMS for a tune up and dyno session where it made 200 bhp at the engine at around 6,600 rpm, with a surprisingly decent torque of 165 ft/lb.

Procomp did the suspension set up last year and corner weighted it at a total of just over 520kg.

That makes it the better part of 380 bhp/ton. It’s a Redtop with Swindon Internals and fast road camshaft, running twin 45 Dellorto’s. It’s as happy at 30 mph in 4th, as it is at 6.6k in 2nd. The head has been coscast.

The wheels are Speedlines in matt black, with Yokohama 195 x 15” with good tread.

Even though this car is in very good condition, it is not a show pony. It looks like it’s driven out of a Mad Max movie, and goes just like it too!

Here’s a summary of other technical stuff :

1. Wide body independent suspension.
2. Sierra LSD
3. Type 9 gearbox
4. Paddle clutch
5. Fully adjustable shocks all round
6. Disks front and rear
a. Dual system brake bias adjuster in the cab
b. Floor mounted pedals
7. Westfield racing seats on runners
8. No carpets, bonded aluminium to chassis
9. 5 point driver harness, and 4 point passenger
10. Detachable suede covered steering wheel
11. RAC roll bar
a. Petty bar brace into passenger footwell
12. 15” Speedline wheels
13. 12v accessory plug
14. 4 ¼ ” headlamps
15. Battery isolator
16. Stack digital dash and electronic pickups
17. Armtech speed shift light
18. Low oil pressure buzzer & fuel pump cut off switches
19. C20XE 16v twin cam Vauxhall engine
a. Swindon internals
b. Coscast head
c. Twin 45 Dellorto’s (with choke)
d. Dual spring throttle
e. Catch can
f. Shallow sump, finned, and baffled.
g. MBE 967 ECU
20. Oil cooler
21. Side exhaust with custom stainless repackable baffle.

Available at no extra cost :

• Side doors
• Cockpit rain cover
• Full outdoor breathable car cover
• In cab fire extinguisher
• An assortment of minor spares

Other stuff you need to know :

• There are some minor scuffs on the bodywork, but none that require filling or new gel coat.
• The sump has a slight weep on the gasket.

Any trial welcome, but please ensure you have proof of fully comp. insurance if you want to drive.

Offers around £7,750

[edit - slight mod to point 18]

[edit - price change]

[edit - racing seats NOT sports seats]

This photo has the old 7" lights on the front.

20120909_82-1.jpg

20120902_21_zpsdf4fe7f1.jpg20120902_20_zps3276d3f5.jpg

20120902_18_zps03fd783c.jpg

20120902_1_zpsbd735298.jpg

WestfieldDYNOgraphJuly2013.jpg

good car that - i'm tempted....  good luck with sale  :yes:

Very nice car, seen it a few times now... Decent and honest fella who owns it too.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks folks.  After driving it for 10 miles after it came back from Troys I was reluctant to put it up for sale, as that mad fairground ride sensation took over again. (Like deja vu all over again!)  However, those 10 miles will probably be all the miles it does until the MOT next year, and I'm itching for something new.

Incidentally, some of the basic R&M stuff in the last 12 months that has been replaced :

• Fuel pump
  • Water pump
  • Starter motor
  • Leads/cap/plugs
  • Oil and filter
  • Brake pads
  • Master cylinder
  • Stack water temp sender
  • Thermostat

Thanks for looking.

Seems a v nicely spec'd car. Also seems quite a low price - or is it that the value of Westfield's generally has come right down?

Seems a v nicely spec'd car. Also seems quite a low price - or is it that the value of Westfield's generally has come right down?

Thanks, and I probably agree with you.

It obviously depends on what the buyer values I suppose.  If I took a 2004 1.8 Zetec car (say 155 bhp) without IRS, or LSD, no roll bar, standard gauges and seats, standard pedal box, and upgraded it to meet my spec then you'd need to spend a total of at least £10k as a whole package.

I did do a bit of benchmarking with the cars that are available at the moment which in itself can be troublesome, as it's difficult to benchmark cars even from the same year.  (It seems that older crossflow cars are priced in a certain range, the newer'ish Zetec cars at another, and most everything else in between the two.)

I figured that if I was prepared to wait for a bit I might get over £8k for it, but I priced it to move to a degree.

Looks a great price - glad I sold mine or this would've made some stiff competition!

Just out of interest though...how have you got it down to 520kg? The only thing I can see that mine had over yours was carpet on tunnel and wider wheels (but were only 13") and it was 585kg with 3/4 tank of fuel (tank being approx. 12litres)

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers,

Dave

Looks a great price - glad I sold mine or this would've made some stiff competition!

Just out of interest though...how have you got it down to 520kg? The only thing I can see that mine had over yours was carpet on tunnel and wider wheels (but were only 13") and it was 585kg with 3/4 tank of fuel (tank being approx. 12litres)

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers,

Dave

oooh, not sure.  I didn't go out to save weight, but the racing seats are a fair bit lighter than the sports seats.

All I know is the dyno for 0-60 is 3.2 seconds!!  Get in!

I've seen this car as I dropped it at Troys and it's a good honest 2.0..... great value IMO\

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Now sold to first time westy owners from the West Midlands.

So what is next on the agenda Paul, keep having to scratch that itch

So what is next on the agenda Paul, keep having to scratch that itch

I have another car to sell, then I'm thinking it might be my TVR phase of life...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.