Show us your boot box!

JOCKER

Going to be shortly creating a hole in the boot box to allow for the RAC bar - any WSCCers care to share their pics?

Cheers

Jocker

I know Westfield's aren't exactly blessed with storage space, but there's not much boot left is there!

Check out the AA Composites boot box over in the traders section. Just took delivery of mine this week, v impressed - seems to be the best of all worlds which is just what Westfields are all about for me ;)

That looks superb Mark, excellent work, well done.  :yes: 

Check out my build diary, just fitted my boot box after having the boot area covered up from the build

http://markswesty.weebly.com/may-2013.html

I dropped the boot box down and made a lid for it, it makes a really useful storage area when you can lock it.

826270_orig.jpg

Mark that looks very tidy indeed and would love to replicate on my own Westy :t-up:   I would be very grateful if you could please provide links to where you purchased the locks, hinges and also the covers you used over the bars within the boot box?

I'll try to find some links but the locks are sold as horsebox fittings (ebay) and the hinges are meant for a boat/yacht, the hinges have been painted black as they came polished. The covers over the RAC bar are from a member of this forum but I think I got them at Stoneleigh, had them stashed away for a while. Give me a day and I am sure I will be able to post the links.

Here we go, the catches http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190815567797 and the hinges http://www.solentmarine.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000002.pl?SS=SS+Hinge+M6+Stud&ACTION.x=9&ACTION.y=5&PR=-1&TB=A&SHOP=

The carbon wrap was from ebay so you can choose the quality of finish you are after and as I said before the rollbar/bootbox covers are made, I think, by a forum member and I can't remember any more than that. Build was over a couple of weekends and in my opinion well worth the effort.

Boot box is excellent. Think I will mirror what you have done on mine over the winter.

Excellent Mark thank you for providing the links, another winter project for me too :t-up: