Myford Super 7 Lathe

mark.anson

more to the point wuv what are you doing on the foxy bingo advert dancing , you kept that quiete

I bought one a few years ago in very similar condition to the one you are showing but has screw cutting gearbox for £2000.00. You should try a dealer or ebay. I sold my previous lathe (ML7) on ebay +  £70 for the palletline did the trick to get it shifted. You should get at least £1500 for that baby. It is the best hobby lathe around.

• 1 month later...

Cracking item, and I would love to have it in my garage, but the garage is not dry enough to store it without care, and I simply dont have the time to spend using it.

Daniel

Oh God, someone buy this please, it's so sorely testing my will power! Trouble is it'd mean blowing a big bit of the remaining budget for the new car. :down:

You have no idea how much I'd love this. :love:  I could even talk SWMBO into letting me buy it but the garage is just too damp and it would rust. :down:

I'd love it but could not give it a good home. :cry:

Just check out the ones on fleabay at the moment before you set a price on there as this is a real bargin at the price.

PLEASE don't post it on here again as it's such a bargin that I may not be able to resist next time. Just picture that Dr. Srangelove moment with my right hand driving the mouse to the PM button and my left trying to drag it back! :laugh:

Cheers

DerekJ

Give it a nice bath in WD40, bingo!

• 5 months later...

BTTT

Right folks Im getting fed up with bl**dy idiots and anoraks on ebay ! 38 watchers and several stupid questions later still no bids.

The lathe is still for sale and is currently on flea bay again but would rather it go to a member here at a sensible price. 

Considering the spares with its a bargain but would like the funds to go towards my camper conversion.

Come on Mr Eastwood you know you want to :)

Hi Mark

Genuine interest questions:

1) Dimensions of the lathe footprint please (approx space that the lathe will take up)

2) Any idea of the weight of the machine fully assembled on the plinth

3) I guess the the lathe comes off the plinth so I can transport it in a car

4) Can one person lift the lathe top part on its own

If it is easier to talk this through please call on 07887 554361

Thanks

G Free

Its a two man job to lift these Myford lathes, they are surprisingly heavy. You can do it but you need to wear your underpants on the outside of your trousers. The lathe splits from the base 4 bolt fixing.

Bob :):suspect:

Hi Bob

Thanks for the info, is Mark away? 

Is say 120 lbs (60 kgs) with the plinth a good number or is it more?

Footprint dimensions also need to check out available space!

Thanks

G Free

Maybe its me being a wuss but it was bl**** heavy moving it out of a van into my shed. I wouldn't wish to lift it on my own but if you are of gorilla proportions you may find it a doddle. Its an awkward shape with all the weight at one end. Doable with reservations.

Bob :)

Graham

Sorry for not replying quicker, I've been mad busy at work over the weekend and i don't get on here as often as i used to.

Many thanks to XTR2 and s2rrr for answering the questions.

As others have said the Lathe separates of the stand. I moved it in a Citroen Berlingo when I brought it but it was a tight fit. I have a van now so could negotiate delivery and assist setting it up if it helps, as its really a two man job.

I ll give you a call Graham anyway at a more suitable hour.

Mark

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.