Correct stone guards for detachable arches?

Jtomo

Bought a set of stone guards from Westfield at the Stoneleigh show before I picked up the car. Turns out the car has detachable arches. The guards are, I think, ZT type, or something like that. They fit snug, but the lip covers the detachable seem. Is this right? If I rivet on, what about where is go over the seem? How best do you deal with this, or have I got entirely the wrong covers? Can add photo's.

I didn't rivet mine, no need to and you'll end up with more holes.   Just glue them on with something that doesn't dry out and when they need renewing peel them off.

I didn't rivet mine, no need to and you'll end up with more holes.   Just glue them on with something that doesn't dry out and when they need renewing peel them off.

Like what? Cheers

got mine from luke playskool
car non detachable arches.

Like what? Cheers

I used clear Silicone and quickly smoothed over the arch protecter and pressed into place before it starts to cure. Beads will show up and you won't be able to get a flush finish on the edges. I did fit one press stud for the Hood fitting as the hole was already there.

• 1 year later...

I was going to use silicone underneath but it doesn't seem strong enough? Going to use some velcro strips in key areas then silicon / tiger seal along the edge of the proctector. Depending upon how good the edges are I might do a small clear silicone edge to neaten it off.

Good idea?

I was going to use silicone underneath but it doesn't seem strong enough? Going to use some velcro strips in key areas then silicon / tiger seal along the edge of the proctector. Depending upon how good the edges are I might do a small clear silicone edge to neaten it off.

Good idea?

Mine haven't fallen off - only on with silicone 

Silicone around the edge? Or all underneath for a good splattering?

Got some G-Clamps now to hold on some of the pesky edges.

Round the edge and then zig zagged all over the back. Get yourself loads of clamps and bits of wood to wedge this in place. They can take a bit of manipulation!

If you have the WF carbon effect ones, the passenger one may need some GENTLE adjustment with a heat gun on a LOW setting. Can go floppy very quickly...... only just saved mine :d

Okay, I'll do the inner edge lip and some zig zag! Carbon Mods told me it wouldnt need much binding. Its just the flap onto the main bosy work that might be a pain.

Okay, I'll do the inner edge lip and some zig zag! Carbon Mods told me it wouldnt need much binding. Its just the flap onto the main bosy work that might be a pain.

I can bring some clear silicone to Blyton Park this coming w/e if you like.