Trying to build Westfield XI in New York

pinballking2

pinballking2

Hey guys,
Andy in New York
I have a 1983-84 vintage Westfield XI , Series 1

Need a windshield and interior. And a gas tank. I like the ones fro Series 1 that are to either side of the cabin.. anyone have any?

Engine and tranny installed on wire wheel chassis

What do you recommend.
I will try to post pictures or contact me at aorourk04@earthlink.net

If ever in NYC come by , I have 4 Westfields:

Series 1 Westfield XI
Pre-Lit Seven serial number 7
Westfield S Eight S-8
Pre Lit Series 1 , serial number 114

Rides for all.
My favorite is a charge through Central Park, where I was recently flagged down by an bloke from Sidney who insisted on a ride.
I bought him lunch...he bought me beers... ummm

Cheers

Andy 

alexander72

Awesome - pics please Andy and welcome to what is probably the best car club in the world.... 

James and Debbie Alexander 

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Welcome Andy, sounds a fine collection, as James said, pics would be fantastic! And if that isn't a great reason for visiting NY I don't know what is!

Norman Verona

Welcome Andy. I can't help with the Westfield part but (used to) know all about Midget engines and transmissions etc. 

In fact I have a spare 1275 engine in the workshop. I intend to rebuild it with some upgrade stuff and then swap it over with the one in the car.

Paul Hurdsfield

My brother in law John camp lives in New York, he moved there from San Diego, prior to that he lived in Sydney for many years, maybe a coincidence here, he's going back to Sydney in June.

I like your collection, mmmmm Central park sounds good :t-up:

FILFAN

Welcome to the club

Now who's organising a trip across the Atlantic

Nick Algar

Welcome to the club

Now who's organising a trip across the Atlantic

That will be you then Phil, but count me in :d :D

Welcome Andy, great collection of cars :d :D :d

It would be worth contacting the factory to see if they have the parts you are after, otherwise you may be better getting them made by a fabricator near you. Hope that helps.

Nick

pinballking2

Cheers to all.

Not sure how to post pictures?

Send email and I will forward to someone who can post up

Thanks for all the advice I have emailed factory but they are slow on the uptake

I would rather have factory parts

O well

Weather is getting to the 70's in NYC today

Ready for a blatttttttt

Andy

Series II here, not too sure about any major differences. 

Is there anything in particular you would like to know?

Mine - Engine 1275, 5 speed gearbox, Megajolt ignition, was Weber 45 but now supercharged with SU, wire wheels.

Simon Westwood - Westfield Sportscars Ltd

Hi Andy,

I have walk through Central Park but never driven through it.....

The following link to our parts webshop should answers your questions and I'll give the guys in the parts a nudge to respond to your email, they are pretty busy getting ready for the show this weekend.

http://retweeter.co.uk/magento/index.php/westfield-xi-1.html?SID=4d856cc11a5db7c5cfbb2d6990475724

Next time I'm in NY i'll give you a shout as I would love to have a look around your garage.

Kind regards

Simon

Cleggy the Spyder Man

welcome :t-up:

Tell us more about how you come to have all them Westfields :t-up:

pinballking2

Thanks Simon et all,

Still don't have a clue as to how to load a picture.

Thank you for your warm an enthusiastic welcome.

I have lots of questions and will follow up with them.

For now let me explain my Westfield/Lotus

It all started in Waco, Texas in 1966. 10 year old on his bike follows a flatbed tow truck to the local filling station where they are unloading the most provocative car I had ever seen. Unknown to me this miracle of automotive intrigue was a 1962 Lotus Seven.

The lines and shapes were instilled into my memory, and even as years passed, and a sighting almost impossible , the combination never left me. In the land of the longhorns , "Lotus" we're rarer then rare and I settled for a series of MG's, Mini's and Triumphs.

The Internet was the key to satisfying my addiction. Althought now I have 4 various, size and shpe Loti,

I marvel at the adventerious nature of Chris Smith and what he has created.

Thank you Mr. Smith and your entire Westfield Team. With out what you have created at Westfield with the Westfield XI and Seven the world would be a much more boring place.

I can't tell you the hours of sheer enjoyment I have benefited from because of these wonderful vehicles, and the many , young and old, who have shared my experience through your creations.

Every day I get to drive them is a gift and full of sunshine and smiles

Gotta run to work now so I can Play latter

Andy in New York

Help me post some pictures please.....

• Like 1
Scott Young

Andy, if you become a full club member, you'll be able to put photos in your own private gallery here in the boardroom.  Until then, I'd suggest using a free photo hosting site such as Flickr, Photo Bucket, Image Shack, etc (many are available) and uploading the photos into that, then linking them here on the boardroom. :)

Norman Verona

Andy, same happened to me. But my exposure was in Motor Sport magazine in 1957 when I was 11.

Come on fella, get joined up. You'll need all the help that's free here.

SootySport

Blimey,  4 Westfields in a city.  Hope you can get out of New York for a country drive.     I'll bring my driving licence when I come to NY, you obviously do not have enough time to drive them all and I can help you out. :westy:  :)