REDUCED! 2006 Westfield Duratec SOLD

gumstabber

8674985847_b30f8fa485.jpg

Widebodied Westfield Sport 2000 Duratec. Built by me in 2006 as a modular build using all new parts supplied by the Westfield factory. In 2010 I had the standard Webber ECU removed and a better re-mapable Omex 600 installed along with a custom re-packable Techcraft exhaust, oil catch tank and a softbitsforsevens half hood. Having I built it all the servicing, MOT’s and upgrades have been handled by the well respected Interpro race and rally prep in Bristol. (A huge file of receipts is available for anyone interested in looking through.)

For the last 18 months I’ve just been too busy to really use the car as it deserves and last year covered just 900 miles in it. Sadly, I think it’s time I parted company with it.

Currently at 10300 miles, 11 months MOT remaining and 6 months tax. SOLD

Full Spec as follows:-

Engine & Power:
Westfield / Ford 2.0 - I4 DOHC, 16v, Duratec (201bhp with print out), with lightened flywheel, AP racing clutch, Raceline shallow baffled sump, Raceline side mounted oil filter (all factory standard), Jenvey throttle bodies, bespoke aluminium oil catch tank with gauge.

Transmission:
Mitchell Cotts MT75 - 5-speed gearbox (all syncromesh) with quick shift stick, connected to Ford 3.9:1 limited slip differential. (all factory standard)

Engine / Ignition Management:
Omex 600 ECU, with pipercross air filter. Techcraft Megaflow custom repackable exhaust. (also included a second “MOT/road” exhaust)

Suspension & Wheels:
All round fully independent double wishbones -

Front anti roll bar, anti roll bar fitted to rear, all wishbones fitted with nylon bushes for improved handling.

Wheels – ATS lightweight 15” alloys with Toyo R888 tyres

Brake System:
AP Racing master cylinder, front - AP Racing calipers with solid discs, rear - VW golf callipers with solid discs.

Bodywork and Lights:
Main body in chrome yellow, with yellow rear wheel arches (detachable) and yellow standard nose cone. Front cycle wings in chrome yellow. RAC roll bar with modified boot box.

Interior and Dashboard:
Interior and carpet colour - Black

Seats - Black with yellow pipe trim with Westfield 4-point racing harness.

Dash – Standard black dashboard with VDO gauges

Heater / demister option fitted.

Racetech quick release steering boss and MOMO professional race steering wheel.

Wet Weather Equipment & cover:
Standard factory issue side screens, with full tonneau cover - All in black. SoftbitsforSevens bespoke half hood with storage cover

Bad points:
I'd rather be upfront about any minor niggles than try and hide them so I've posted them here
Crazing in gel coat layer around one of the retainer bolts on front left cycle wing and also adjacent to left rear wheel arch.

8676091062_1cb7346b6f.jpg

8674984547_0c6baa5def.jpg

8674980741_de23dd2503.jpg

8674981269_7a3b69893d.jpg

8676088414_6d14010fa6.jpg

8676088980_7f6fa4cfce.jpg

8674983571_13e852ed08.jpg

8676089798_22df8e82ff.jpg

8674981961_fb70497b84.jpg

Very nice.  Can't see that taking long to sell.  Good value for a duratec car.

Very nice.  Can't see that taking long to sell.  Good value for a duratec car.

hmm temptation everywhere I look temptation, got the makings of a good sprint car though, what do you think David?

Very much a road car rather than a sprint car I would suggest. Would be too heavy to be competetive IMHO.

If you want across car it good value for a duratec car and is a good buy for someone, but I'd it's a sprint car you want there are other cars out there more ' race ready'

• 1 month later...

Price reduced. I want this to sell so my fiancée is happier about our wedding!

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet at such a price! I'm speechless, and just as it looks like the weather is improving for driving fun cars on the road.

Bargain of the year.

Just shows how depressed the market must be

Hammy, I'll get Steve Tee to buy your car, you can then have the Duratec above... simples.....

sounds good to me, send him .......... I have had a sniff over the weekend - someone viewing from Germany (?) on Thursday, travelling over...

Someone else called, but is now a bit peived because the German fella made an appointment to view,  so he has first call.

Get it gift wrapped I'll have it Saturday then :)

Mine looked just like that one once!

I'm surprised it's taken so long to sell. I paid that much for mine three years ago and I have a 1800 zetec silver top.

Interestingly I have had an interested bloke from Germany too for a long time, but it is taking a long time and the import process is by no means a simple or sure affair over there apparently. A lot of the problems is due to their sricter emissions than ours. Once the car has been properly imported over there they are worth a small fortune too I'm told...anyone fancy a business opportunity?

When the car went up for sale a month ago i had a flurry of interest straight away, all from Pistonheads, all of which came to naught :-( Seemed to just be people fishing and trying stupid prices.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.