Adding Photos to Forum Posts using Photobucket

Mark (smokey mow)

First off you'll need a Photobucket account, if you don’t have one already then you’ll need to sign up to one from here http://www.photobucket.com/

For PC and Windows users keep reading, for iPad and iPhone users skip to post2 :)

Once you have an account you’ll need to upload your photos to it from your PC, if you’re not sure how to do this then follow the instructions on their website . Once uploaded navigate to the directory where you saved them.

1.png

Double click on the IMG Code displayed below the photo you want to use, which will highlight it. Then either right click and select copy or alternatively use the keyboard shortcut of “ctrl C”.

You can also obtain the IMG code if you are viewing a single photo, the IMG Code appears in the image links box on the right hand side of the screen.

2.png

Click on the IMG code and it will automatically copy the code to the clipboard for you.

3.png

To insert the image in your forum post, type your reply and then either paste the IMG code using the paste icon on the toolbar or paste by using the keyboard shortcut “ctrl V”

4.png

When you then post your message the image will be displayed.

5.png

• Like 3

For iPad, iPod and iPhone users etc

Using the photobucket app Navigate to your photos and click on the image you want to use on the forum.

cb9a1bfe27cb9ad7dd47116cc29e7baa.jpg

When the image is displayed click on the link icon at the top of the screen which opens a drop down menu, then click on the IMG Code to copy it.

1eb8e674858df6f87af5604886c71f02.jpg

Then paste the link into your reply on the forum

fc24eb9a0d34363da9bf654d15c7cdad.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

has something changed trying to post pictures the same way I have been doing it for a long time by copying and paste the code from photobucket and its not working for me

has something changed trying to post pictures the same way I have been doing it for a long time by copying and paste the code from photobucket and its not working for me

no not that I can see. It still works fine for me in the way described above, both via the app and directly from the photobucket website.

• 2 weeks later...

Photobucket on my iPhone 5 has changed. Same IMG code copy and post... Just slightly different way if finding it!

• 6 months later...

Hi mark, I have follows your instructions to the letter and still cant paste the IMG files from Photobucket. I also incidentally can't cut and past from a Word document. I have tried Cntrl C, Ctrl V, copy/paste and using the copy from Word icon on the forum, none of which work

Any ideas? Basically I am trying to place an advert and need to add photo's

HELP !!!!!!!

Are you using Internet Explorer? there are issues with the latest versions - some cut and paste operations don't work.

Personally I always use Firefox - given a choice, which works fine. Google Chrome is also popular, and of course there's Safari too.

You won't be able to cut and paste from a Word document - the photo has to be on the Internet already, so that will not work.

Dont forget you've got Gallery space for photographs with your WSCC Membership here in the forum - see here:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/107167-how-do-i-add-photos-to-my-forum-gallery-and-then-my-posts/

As has been said above, Internet Explorer is not liked with the forum software - Firefox, Chrome and Safari are much better.

• 10 months later...

0E90802E-BC36-409F-B7A9-33086C76D413_zps

Just trying it out!

• 2 months later...

I too cannot upload my photos, (But that's probably just my lack of computer skills.  Whenever I try, it just says I have run out of space.)

JW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What am I doing wrong??

I have pasted the link onto the post - however the photos are not appearing, just the link itself

Am I being thick!!!!