O/T Definately not your usual what bike engine question

Mark (smokey mow)

Mark......

What`s wrong with a `stripe up the middle` then........?

Think we`ll need to discuss this tomorrow at The Lodge.

Nothing wrong with a stripe :) just not an orange one.

They were sponsored by BP not Gulf :oops:

I may be tempted to do something like this though

stripe.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark (smokey mow)

• Norman Verona

• Graham0127

• XTR2Turbo

How do you post the pictures you do?

I can`t post any pictures at all.Sent Scott a picture via Email and he had to post it for me............... :(  :(  :( .

Something else we`ll need to discuss ???

You can either upload the picture to the gallery or get it on a website.

Then left click and select "copy image url" It has to be in jpg format.

Then position the cursor where you want the picture in your posting and click on the square icon blow and left to the smileys and paste the image url into the dialog box.

The above is for a PC Windows machine. Phones and Apples (blackberry, pineapples, strawberrys and other various fruit) will be different

Norman ....tried this for various pictures saved in my computer.Always comes back after trying to load for seveal minutes...File too big.....

Strange as have no problems posting pictures on Ebay.

Norman ....tried this for various pictures saved in my computer.Always comes back after trying to load for seveal minutes...File too big.....

Strange as have no problems posting pictures on Ebay.

Graham, there are file size limits on the Forum gallery.  I use Photobucket for all my image hosting, it's quick and easy that way :)

Forgot to say that I reduce the size of my pictures on the website.

I did have a really good resizer but lost it when I had to reload. I now have a very old copy of Photoshop (V5).

• 1 month later...

I'd like to close this thread by thanking all those who contributed and gave advice :t-up: you'll all be pleased to know that I've just got back from Sheffield having picked this up :cool:

34bhp and a 500cc Triumph T100. If i can keep the weight close to original then that should give me a spritely 200bhp/ton :p

Now did I hear someone asking about a build thread :laugh:

47d21ca69cf8244b99e8c6814976d92e.jpg

Looks nice Mark.. cant wait to see how this one comes together...  If you need any weird old tools I'd be glad to offer the help of Toolorders and Teng Tools :-) 

Mark, I've got a set of Whitworth spanners if they'll be of any use. I got them to work on my friends Norton.

I'll be in the UK week beginning 25th and can take them to Sheffield. We have our trainers and techies visiting dealers all over so can probably get them to you shortly.

Or we'll be going M25/A1 on the Friday afternoon if you can meet us.

That engine looks really good. I've never been into bikes but remember those from the 50s, I think.

Hell yeah, build thread!

Now all you need is a dodgy v5 and chassis number to avoid IVA and then put it on the road...

Martin,

Any idea how he'll get an MOT on it?

ed to add the  :)  :)

ed to remind you..... HERE

Looks nice Mark.. cant wait to see how this one comes together...  If you need any weird old tools I'd be glad to offer the help of Toolorders and Teng Tools :-)

Mark, I've got a set of Whitworth spanners if they'll be of any use. I got them to work on my friends Norton.

I'll be in the UK week beginning 25th and can take them to Sheffield. We have our trainers and techies visiting dealers all over so can probably get them to you shortly.

Or we'll be going M25/A1 on the Friday afternoon if you can meet us.

That engine looks really good. I've never been into bikes but remember those from the 50s, I think.

Thanks James and Norman for the kind offer :t-up:

I'm actually well stocked for old tools. My Grandad owned several bikes and supprisingly never leant to drive a car :oops: he used the bike to go everywhere. I inherited all his collection of tools (and the contents of his sheds) many years ago so am well stocked for ambiguous sized spanners, and many others which I have no idea yet what they're for :laugh:

Mark, that's good. The older British stuff was Whitworth, went over to the US sizes in the 50's.

One of the anomalies was the older MG engines, up the the MGA "B" series. The factory was tooled up for metric threads in the engines but the nuts and bolts had whitworth spanner sizes. Reason was the original MG engines were Hotchkiss engines made under licence, Hotchkiss were French.  We would get about 3 calls a week from people asking why the Whitworth bolt they'd bought wouldn't fit.

Good luck and please start a rebuild thread.

Looks good Mark.

I am looking forward to this build

What does it rev to.

I also have some whitworth sockets lurking in a tool draw as well.