Which MT75 Gearbox?

JOCKER

Good, Afternoon,

After a run out to North Wales last weekend with the lads my Westfield gearbox decided to self combust - luckily only a few miles from home.

After a couple of hours this morning, with special thanks to 1313 & Steve Farrimond, we removed the engine and gearbox.

photo4.jpg

My question is, which gearbox do I have, and is there a 'best' MT75 to have i.e. which ratios?

The car is a 2.0 Zetec mated to a 3.62 Diff. 

Heres a few identifiers...

photo-3.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

Cheers

Jocker

cant it be repaired?

Not quite sure. It made a massive bang when it went and locked the rear wheels up temporarily

If it does need a rebuild why not consider a Type 9. Far more ratios available and cheaper to repair (I think)

Gear oil was changed 6 months ago and was all present when drained today. Box has always been iffy, even when it was fitted 16 years ago.

From the above site posted (cheers bombero) its a Sierra DOHC box. I don't really want to change for a type 9, as I want the replacement to slot back in with no modification and want it back on the road ASAP.

I'm happy with ratios - can hit 60 in second on full chat (not quite Gadgetmans 60 in first though :-) )