Cheshire & N. Staffs. trip to Aintree SS round 5

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Is Jockers gearbox/prop issue sorted now?

Yeah it's all good now

Dave, @125db ill be suprises if you can even contend let alone win

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Think my worst was about 108 db, be good to have someone else getting the "attention"  ;) 

I was full chat thought Manchester tunnels and Jocker was about 10 car lengths behind.

I couldn't hear mine at all, due to Jockers

Dave, @125db ill be suprises if you can even contend let alone win

125?  That's the pain threshold!  Did you discard the can in order to save weight?  :oops:

Guessing you're not planning any track days with the current setup?

I think it'd be quieter with just bare ports off the side of the head :p

In suggesting the route, I'd forgotten there are two tunnel options.

Original route goes through the Wallasey (Kingsway) tunnel:

Alternatively, we can go via the Birkenhead (Queensway) tunnel, with a route that's about 4 miles shorter and with less motorway:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=hartford,+cheshire&daddr=53.2614765,-2.7783354+to:53.361955,-3.0236434+to:53.3919356,-3.0135748+to:Aintree+Racecourse+Co,+Ormskirk+Road,+Aintree,+Liverpool&hl=en&ll=53.342456,-3.006134&spn=0.062415,0.110378&sll=53.307083,-2.92511&sspn=0.249865,0.441513&geocode=FVF0LAMdbxjZ_ymR7vqUYPl6SDEm84jsfSI7Tg%3BFaS0LAMdIZvV_ynpHhAepuZ6SDFxVdIBbvXlHQ%3BFSM9LgMd5dzR_ynJAYY_Zid7SDGR0u3mnLlQ3Q%3BFT-yLgMdOgTS_ykbYJWSJid7SDFOmy9dBlxdvQ%3BFcr4LwMdbh_T_yEsN6oOHRpjfCnvUx8yrSN7SDEsN6oOHRpjfA&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=11&via=1,2,3&z=13

The former is segregated (two lanes per tunnel, one tunnel each direction), the latter not (one tunnel, 2 lanes in each direction).

Leaning slightly towards the latter route due to the reduced motorway leg, but anyone got a preference?

BTW, I'm assuming there's a nice healthy burger van or similar at our destination...?

I'm easy route wise, second sounds good with less motorway!

There is, or was, a cafe on site at Aintree.

Birkenhead is the better tunnel. I'm happy to lead as I know the area if anyone wants me too.

just means more traffic lights, so up to everyone else?????

Yeah, weathers been a bit variable on the forcasts, but then it was for Three Sisters, and after a bit of rain early on, it was dry the rest of the day, with conditions improving all afternoon.