Cheshire & N. Staffs. trip to Aintree SS round 5

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Speed Series Event - Round 5, Saturday 27th April

Just like last year, we'll have a run out to support the WSCC's Speed Series drivers and spectate up at the world famous Aintree Circuit.

It's a Liverpool Motor Club organised event,
using a shorter version of the Historic ex Grand Prix track, even so it's one of the faster tracks the Speed Series runs on. Quite bizarre really, as it nestles partly in the middle of the equally famous Grand National course - it always adds a bit of extra incentive not to have an off, when one of the "obstacles" to hit is Bechers Brook...

I'll be leaving from Congleton at about 9.30, if anyone wants to meet up for the run up, just let me know, or you always join us at the circuit.

Details of the circuit below, (courtesy of LMC)

Clicky

• 2 weeks later...

Further to conversation about running up there south of the river and through Mersey Tunnel, I'll join you for this - assuming it's not hammering it down.  Will put together some brief route notes if it helps.

Do you have a target time to get there?

I'm up for this, but wont be able to confirm till next week, as there's three westies (me, 1313 & Jocker) and their two are still off the road. hopefully be ready. but stoneleigh is the main target.

I typically aim to get to SS do's for around 10 to 10.30; catch the last practice runs (usually the first timed run, just before lunch too), then a stroll round the paddock over lunch time and the rest of the timed runs in the afternoon.

What sort of journey time are we looking at from Hartford Chris?

I am assuming something along the lines of;

Hartford, Frodsham, Helsby, cheshire oaks, A41 up the wirral, mersey tunnel, A59 to track?

if so I would say 1:00 - 1:15

Sounds reasonable, I'd guess probably meeting up around 9 am at Hartford?

Sounds a good plan to me. Hopefully my Westie will be sorted and I can go in mine if not ill be begging for a passenger seat

Great - it's not an issue with the sliding (telescopic) joint in the prop is it?

There should be a sliding joint in your propshaft that allows for some movement of the engine/gearbox relative to the differential. Not being an MT75 owner myself, I'm not sure just how much the shaft can extend by from its shortest length. Though I know with the Type 9 box, which has a sliding joint on the props connection to the gearbox, you can usually accommodate 20/30 mm of play.

Not sure if this makes it easier to visualise?

Has it seized, or got damaged?

FWIW, if it needs repair etc I've used Dunning and Fairbanks up Leeds way and always had absolutely first rate service and a really good price.