Jump to content

RX05

WSCC Member
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 In Build

About RX05

  • Rank
    Pedestrian

Profile Information

  • My Location
    Northern Ireland

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. The foam I used was 50mm x 1mm thick. I had originally used 3mm but it was too thick. If you search on Ebay for ‘EVA single side sponge foam 1mm’ you will find it. I wasn’t sure about ordering from Hong Kong ( there dont seem to be any uk sellers) but delivery was fine.
  2. I used self adhesive foam between the side panel and the bonnet to tidy the area up. I bought my catches from JJC Race and Rally - their service was fine.
  3. Cheers. It took a lot of time to fit them but was very satisfying to do.
  4. My first post but finally something I know a little about !! The aero catches are not easy to fit but are more than worth the effort in my opinion. I was worried about not getting a good fit so after putting masking tape on the bonnet I used double sided carpet tape on the ‘ring’ that the catch would bolt to on normal cars and stuck it to the outside of the bonnet. The ring was a very snug fit to the catch and stuck very securely to the bonnet. After cutting the shape out roughly with a disk I was able to use a sanding drum on the dremel and carefully sand down flush to the ring. I found this was much easier than trying to work to a pen line as the ring was a perfect template. With a bit of care I was happy with the result ! John
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.