All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset

Devon & Somerset meet 24th April 2024

You can tell the weather is improving, five cars out to play tonight at The Halfway House pub in Cullompton. I met up with Matt in Illminster and we had a fun drive down over the Blackdown hills, much more pleasant in daylight! Eight of us in total, good to catch up and have a natter about all things Westfield and not. We even managed a quick photo shoot once the car park emptied out a bit. Heading home was a tad chilly, so a quick stop for fuel at Illminster services was welcome, the guy serving thought I was mad!
  3. Nick Mucklow

Warwickshire Area Track Day 24th May CANCELLED

Arrww. Well I'm sure there will be 1 later in the year. The world goes mad when technology fails ay lol.
  4. Today
  5. Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

@Stuart start point is Rushup Edge car park at the top of Winnats Pass near Castleton, I've amended first post. This is detailed in the road book nearest 24 hour petrol station for folks to fill up and have a toilet break before hand is Texaco Hope valley S33 0EB and there is also a Morrisons in Chapel-en-Le-Frith SK23 0HZ
  6. Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

It is a shame, Nick! All because of a software glitch!
  7. Stuart

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator is this still starting in Edale? Cos it says Buxton on the road book. Did I miss something?
  8. Onliest Smeg David

Happy BIG birthday Dave

Muchly Ta, having a brill Birthday Week 🎂 🥳 😁😊
  9. I've got some similar 16mm ones and they've been absolutely fine
  10. BRJ

ZK rear arches

Looking for a good pair of ZK rear arches.
  11. Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

@Stuart @Steve Bosworth Gents thank you very much 😎 I will contact you both via a group pm after the dry run so I can share the up to date roadbook and the other route info I have and hopefully between us we can sort something out
  12. I think as long as you good quality spacers they are both fine. I've had no issues at all with mine on the Jag.
  13. jeff oakley

help in bristol port to start my westfield

That makes the thing look better. With two mismatched carbs it will not run best. hopefully it will make the next boat okay
  14. Mark (smokey mow)

Going down a hill quickly

I’ve been quiet on this thread for the last few months, mainly because there had been some suggestion that the regulations would change for this year so I waited for entries to open earlier this month before investing too much in the build. That don’t stop me drawing though and gathering a few of the parts need for the build. One part I did buy over winter was a body to make the sidecar. I’d looked at various things such as pedal bins and water butts but in the end I found an eBay seller local to me who made fibreglass tote Tot-Rod bodies. The cost wasn’t much more than a pedal bin would be and it would save me a lot of fabrication work. With that sorted I moved on to finalising the sidecar drawings, I’d initially looked to mount the pivot low to minimise tyre scrub but since the course is straight and the turns are minimal I instead settled on a high pivot as it would simplify the construction. The sidecar frame itself is quite crude but I wanted to keep the design of it simple and the weight down. Finally to get the BMX looking more like a motorcycle I modelled an engine. This will also double as a mount for the sidecar and also stop the crank arms from rotating. This week I stripped the BMX down and it got a rattle can finish in Red and Black while I wait for the laser cut parts to arrive so I can fabricate the sidecar. Finally my trusty companion Gromit who will be riding alongside me.
  15. Steve Bosworth

I don’t mind having a go, I’ve done one before for a europe motorcycle trip I did. Just need the route plan drawing so I can convert to digital 👍🏻
  16. Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset

Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

Yes, longer bolts. Standard are 25mm so I bought 45mm ones and they worked fine. Somehow I preferred the thought of direct connection to the hub but I’ve know idea if one method is better than the other?
  17. Stuart

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator I'd be happy to have a go at it myself using MyRoute. I think it might only allow a finite number of waypoints though so might be necessary to divide it up
  18. Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

Another form of tracked machinery.
  19. Prior to buying my Westfield, me and my boy were planning to build a busa powered project. Now the plans have changed, the engine and diff package we've accumulated is surplus The engine was removed from a running 1999 bike, circa 23K miles If I remember correctly. We removed the engine and sold off what wasn't required. It's recently had a full service, sump baffle plate and a brand new extreme engines billet alloy sump with swinging pickup. SDB billet alloy oil breather cover. The diff is a 7" - 3.14 (hens teeth) with a quaife ATB LSD unit installed, 100mm Lobro flanges. There is a second head and cams included. Needs a repair on one broken off stud wall for No1 exhaust port. I was planning on later on sending the head to RLM to be worked on. Once we were on the road and looking for winter upgrades. The whole package includes Gen 1 hayabusa engine - billet alloy sump and baffle Bike wiring loom Bike clocks 2x ECMs Second head with cams - Missing inlet valves. 7" sierra diff 3.14 quaife ATB LSD Brand new speedo healer Brand new battery Bike Engine stand The package would suit someone with a Megabusa looking to maybe build a second engine whilst staying on the road. Or someone with a BEC rolling chassis. I am in the Morpeth area of Northumberland, collection only. £4,750
  20. Are the spacers held on by using longer wheel bolts? I have spacers on my Jag but they use a different system because the wheels are held on by nuts instead of bolts. The spacers are first bolted to the hub then the wheels are bolted to the spacers.
  21. Flying Carrot Steve

It sounds to me that Paul did a lot of work and lots of hours. I think the bill is probably spot on in that case. It can take a lot of time and effort to get non-runners going and from what I've read he's done a great job getting to the bottom of many issues. Never plain sailing with kits is it! Sorry about the sailing pun 😂
  22. Rednop1

Westfield rear hubs

Westfield rear hubs £80 Used some surface rust but do the job
  23. Nick Mucklow

That's a shame. What's happened then are we too noisy lol.
  24. Captain Colonial

I have altered the post with the invoice in it (blacked out two areas on the invoice) due to the fact it contained highly sensitive bank account details as well as an email address and phone number, which being in a public area could have caused major security issues for the poster.
  25. Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

I probably know a bit more than most on this as a couple of us have been putting in a lot of time (some more than I) trying to help in our own time in the back ground. The car was a non-runner being sold at a very low price for a Westfield of exportable age. It last had an MOT in 2020 and had been sat untouched ever since. James (who was selling the car) managed to get the car started and a video was seen of it ticking over (although not running particularly well). Using contacts from our end, a transport company was sourced for Nikos to get the car to the docks in Bristol and he had sorted the export paperwork. Rather than being container shipped, the car was being exported as a running car (i.e. was to be driven onto and off the ship by the dockworkers). The transport company did not start the car, they winched it onto and off their trailer and it was delivered safely. When the dock workers attempted to start the car they could not. It was assumed that they were not used to an old car running webers. At this point, a helpful member rang various local garages who could attend the dock to get the car started. Paul at Bristol Classics agreed to do this, arriving very early to try and start the car. Unfortunately when the car eventually started (after over 2 hours of fault finding) the carbs were so far out of tune a backfire caused the filters to catch fire. Thankfully Paul managed to extinguish the flames. Bristol Classics then agreed with Nikos that the car be transported to their workshop to get the car running. They spent many hours on it with various electrical and fueling issues. For instance, they found the ignition was permanently on (which they fixed), the fan switch had failed and the fuel was stale (tank drained, system flushed and fresh fuel added). On inspection of the carbs, the 40 webers are of two different types (one from a Lotus and one from an Alfa) with different jets etc. The carbs were dismantled and cleaned along with new jets etc so the car could run with reasonably balanced fueling. While the bill is a lot if money, the car was not in a road legal state (known to have no MOT and be a "barn find"). Bristol Classics have done a lot of work and shared photos and videos at most stages of the work. The sale agreement (who with, what was described etc) is really between the seller and the buyer. It's not something I could or would offer an opinion on in open forum as its not fair on either party without all of the facts. Even with the £1500 spent, the car us still thousands below the price of all other exportable age Westfields I have seen for sale. On a side note, I'd like to thank the people who have helped in the background (you know who you are!). One person in particular has spent hours and hours of his own time liaising with the docks, transport companies and the garage trying to help someone in need.
  26. Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

@StuartYes hopefully for reference, I've not got round to it yet not sure how accurate I can get it as the route is very long and complex, open to offers of help to create one if anyone is interested!
  27. Rednop1

£1500 too not fix the car 😒
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.