All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

AA Recovery Renewal

Got mine down from £169 to £140. Gold membership for me and my daughter. Worth paying for the Westfield. Phoned for renewal, went through all the rigmarole of security questions, on hold for 10mins. Sorted renewal then asked about European cover. On hold again for 20mins. Went through security questions again then questions about the car, towing, bike rack and roof box, last question was which countries I would be visiting. Ireland. The AA have an agreement with the Irish AA and I had the same cover for free. 35 minutes for nothing. Shouldn't the first question be which country?
  3. Ansoeb

Westfield 1700 Crossflow - £8900

That is just stunning, very clean indeed. If I had not purchased a car last year I would’ve had this one. Good luck with the sale
  4. Today
  5. Regulations an entries can be found here. It's filling up fast so if you intend t enter, you bets get on with it pronto 🙂 https://www.barc-midlands.co.uk/about-the-centre/2024-midlands-centre-sprints/
  6. Jill sutcliffe

Wanted r/h rear golf upright

If anyone can help please I'm in need of the drivers right hand side rear golf upright
  7. That makes complete sense, exactly how I would have thought it through myself if I were fitting them to my Westfield Stuart 👍 My Jag ones were specific to the model of car, made by Direnza. They really are excellent quality I have to say. https://www.direnza.co.uk/product-category/wheel-spacers/
  8. AndrewBClarke

AA Recovery Renewal

My tin top is a Range Rover so I need the best breakdown recovery and have found the AA to be the best in our area. The renewal quote based on a household of three was a staggering £526 up from £407 the previous year. Trying to cut costs and on the basis that only 2 in our household actually need cover, I phoned the AA. By removing one person, the cost went down to £421. Ok. About right proportion. Next I pleaded poverty. Immediately the price went down from £421 to £158 based on the same level of membership!! Paid immediately in case they noticed the mistake!!
  9. heawooi

Warwickshire Area Track Day 24th May CANCELLED

Shame as its a good day, there is a Mallory trackday on the same date (24th) I might now book as got the day off work https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/154717-mallory-park-240524/#comment-1617310 https://javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/May/MP240524
  10. Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset

Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

I just choose 45mm bolts as the originals were 25mm plus the 20mm spacers so my simple logic was that I would end up with the same amount of thread in the hub. What I haven’t been able to verify is how much was in in the first place but it should be all the way through I think, looking at the depth on the wheel etc.
  11. Ollie otp96

Recent snap of your Westfield

First outing with the her new shoes on
  12. Hi Guys, I am a member of the WSCC and joined last August 23 shortly after purchasing my Westfield (see below photos) It was my intention to start making full use of my new purchase this spring but unfortunately a recent heart attack has unfortunately changed my plans. Hence, I have regrettably decided to sell my Westie. She is an SEiW wide bodied SDV model and was built in October 2005 from virtually all new components including engine, gearbox, steering rack, wiring loom etc etc….. The power unit is a Ford 2 litre Zetec breathing through 45 Weber DCOE’s coupled to a 6-speed gearbox. She has covered just 7800 miles since 2005 and is in excellent condition. I am looking for a quick sale and seeking £10500.00 or very near offer for a no- nonsense transaction which is considerably less than I paid for her 7 months ago. Finally, if anybody requires further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07778 974905 Cheers, Keith Hi Guys.docx Location of car : On the North Norfolk coast near Cromer,
  13. Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

New West Mids Member

Welcome to the Westfield family @SteveG, looks you've got a great car there. Hope to catch up with you at one of the local meetings very soon. Don't forget the Warwickshire Area meets at the Falcon, Birmingham Road, Hatton, CV35 7HA, from 7.30pm, 3rd Thursday of the month.
  14. John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Brake callipers.

M16 callipers to suit vented discs. Sierra rear callipers. Flexes too.
  15. SteveG

New West Mids Member

Thank you Karl, that's much appreciated. It will definitely be looked after under my ownership too. No questions at the moment, but appreciate the offer. Hope you're enjoying your new one too?
  16. Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Sharing what you’ve just done. Not questions. No comments required.

I used 15mm spacers on the rear of mine when I bought some wheels and tyres that had an offset that much different from the originals. Longer studs were needed as only eight turns of the nuts seemed marginal. There was debate on here at the time about how many turns were required as minimum for optimum strength. There was no firm conclusion so I thought overkill would avoid any other 'kill'. If 'blind' nuts were fitted, though, bottoming-out of the nuts was a risk if not allowed for.
  17. K4RL

New West Mids Member

Hi Steve I'm pleased it went to a good home and still in the local area 💪 If I can help with anything let me know 👍
  18. Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

Gutted, I always enjoy this event!
  19. Nic Chase (NICO) - Shropshire & Mid-Wales AO

Going down a hill quickly

Can’t wait to see the finished result😀
  20. Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Happy Birthday Phill

Have a great day @Young knocker 1992 🍺🎂
  21. Yesterday
  22. Stuart Davis (fatblokestu) AO - Devon & Somerset

Devon & Somerset meet 24th April 2024

You can tell the weather is improving, five cars out to play tonight at The Halfway House pub in Cullompton. I met up with Matt in Illminster and we had a fun drive down over the Blackdown hills, much more pleasant in daylight! Eight of us in total, good to catch up and have a natter about all things Westfield and not. We even managed a quick photo shoot once the car park emptied out a bit. Heading home was a tad chilly, so a quick stop for fuel at Illminster services was welcome, the guy serving thought I was mad!
  23. Nick Mucklow

Arrww. Well I'm sure there will be 1 later in the year. The world goes mad when technology fails ay lol.
  24. Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

@Stuart start point is Rushup Edge car park at the top of Winnats Pass near Castleton, I've amended first post. This is detailed in the road book nearest 24 hour petrol station for folks to fill up and have a toilet break before hand is Texaco Hope valley S33 0EB and there is also a Morrisons in Chapel-en-Le-Frith SK23 0HZ
  25. Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

It is a shame, Nick! All because of a software glitch!
  26. Stuart

The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator is this still starting in Edale? Cos it says Buxton on the road book. Did I miss something?
  27. Onliest Smeg David

Happy BIG birthday Dave

Muchly Ta, having a brill Birthday Week 🎂 🥳 😁😊
  28. I've got some similar 16mm ones and they've been absolutely fine
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.