Endurance Karting Event, Milton Keynes - Saturday 23rd May 2015

KugaWestie

Everyone,

The North Oxfordshire Area are intending to do an Endurance Karting Race on 23rd May 2015, at Daytona Milton Keynes.

The track is good and nearly 1 mile long. The karts are 390cc, and capable of speeds up to 60-70mph on the back straight.

Information on the venue here  https://www.daytona.co.uk/venues/miltonkeynes/index.php

We would turn this into a really good event if we can gain enough support and enthusiasm from the membership.

I have been in contact with Daytona MK, and they have definitely confirmed there is an event running on this date.

Here is their reply to my email:-

Thank you for getting in touch,

On the 23rd May we have scheduled a brilliant endurance race called the D90 Open Race that I feel would be of interest to you.

D90 Team Open

(2 – 4 drivers per team)

Each team driver would enjoy a practice in which they would get to grips with both the kart and the circuit and attempt to post their fastest lap to clinch Pole Position for their team.

One driver from each team would then grid up and at the green light would go head to head for their stint in a full throttle endurance race. Communication and teamwork are key, as each team must return to the pits and swap drivers midrace, just like Le Mans! The race may be won or lost in this critical hand over and the team that works best as a unit will have a great advantage.  Trophies would await the drivers of the 3 teams at a podium presentation with photos, and lap time printouts for all participants.

20 minute practice qualifier

90 minute Race

£150 per team

£135 per team, if you book online

I hope this helps, if you should need any further assistance please get in touch.

So come on guys, lets get a list running of people that want to play!

It would be good if we could get teams from areas to add a bit of spice, but this is not essential. If you are an individual wanting to join in and cant raise a team, add your name to the list and we will make sure you get in with a team.

So I will start the list off in the next post

Footnote - Normal disclaimers apply etc  ;) 

• Like 1

1. Gary Lucas (North Oxford Area)

2. Luke Reeves

2. Luke Reeves
3. Geoff Foster
4. Roger Taylor

5. Russ H

Gary - just to check - i presume this wont be a wscc exclusive event? 

Not at present, but if we get enough numbers early enough and all booked up, we might get a lock out.....

2. Luke Reeves
3. Geoff Foster
4. Roger Taylor   

5. Russ H

6. Luke Marsden      

Great idea and event :)

Unfortunately a bit far for me being North of Manchester :( otherwise I would be a definite

Its worth the travel Smeg...

If we get a few of us, why don't we stay over and have a few WSCC beers?

Would be up for this, been looking locally for endurance karting where we can just enter a couple of teams, however I've just booked my holiday for this weekend (I believe its the weekend before the school holidays??)

Have fun.