Motorsport at the Palace

Mark (smokey mow)

Not a Speed Series Sprint, but I know some of the WSCC members have competed here in previous years, it's a great event which attracts decent crowds and is a unique opportunity to drive this historic circuit.

Enties are now open, I've just entered for the Bank Holiday Monday and will be there spectating on the Sunday :)

http://www.motorsportatthepalace.com/index.php/competitors

My brother is just around the corner in Upper Norwood so will hopefully pop along and spectate

I was in France last year when this event was on, I really must get to this one...

an F2 meeting at Crystal Palace was the first motor race event I was ever taken to by my parents back in 1967, I was born only a couple of miles away!

Never been but do remember F2 races shown on TV in b&w, I guess around the time of the results posted above.

He was certainly there Bernie, but I don't recall the details too well. A dog managed to get on to the course at one point but I think that was in the saloon car race. It's all a very long time ago... :(

It's barely recognisable now as having been a motor racing circuit, but it's still a pleasure to compete at such an iconic venue :cool:

I've just had my entry accepted so roll on May :yes: :yes:

• 3 months later...

Well another cracking weekend, sunshine and massive crowds :cool:

Congrats to Martin Watson for claiming the class 12 win in his Westfield, fending of a strong challenge from Jeff Wiltshire's Phoenix.

Best not to say where I came (somewhere near the bottom) :laugh: but I'm sure the crowds were impressed with my sideways antics and then loosing it on the last run going through the chicane backwards :oops::d

Pics and vids to follow tomorrow :)

you had great weather wish I had entered now.