Sign in to follow this  
wesacosa

Contour Dash Insert

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone knows if the insert panel around the auxillary gauges and switchers in the centre of the conour dash is a seperate part, and available to replace (couldnt find it on the Westfield parts catalogue site).

I have a black dash but this panel is red which originally matched my seats. Now I have seats with yellow piping so its a bit of a colour clash. Not the end of the world but if the parts are available I will keep a look out for anyone selling a black or yellow one !!

Cheers

Wes

Definatly a separate part.

The dash has a couple of wooden (or mdf or something) blocks bonded to the back which you screw the grp clock panel to.

Take dash out, take it apart and re-coat it in matching material, paint, carbon fibre, vinyl wrap or alloy. It would be cheaper and easy enough to do.

thanks for the quick response all.

I did wonder about colouring my current one but there is a good chance I will put the red seats back in if and when I eventually come to sell the car do didnt want to do anything too permenant if a replacement could be sourced at reasonable cost.

Cheers
Wes

What colour's the car? I'm curious, was red interior, now yellow. Is it black by chance?

yeah car is black. It had the westfield sports seats in it. The whole centre of the seat was red rather than just piping. I replaced them with westfield race seats bought from a fellow WSCC forum member which have yellow piping

You better get the colour combination right or the fashion police will be after you.

cheers for the link, will give it a go.

As for the fashion police, I seem to be a lot more bothered about coordinating my car then I ever do with my clothes !!

The panel can be removed with the dash in position - may need stubby screwdriver though. It's screwed in from the rear as already stated.

The panel is made from aluminium on mine. Easy job to either recover existing or make new and cover in colour / material of your choice.  Could be made from a sheet of carbon fibre as well.

Just be careful with ordering adhesives:

Clicky

The one of the left - WRONG.  Can't cope with direct summer sunlight.  Result - material starts shifting around and going loose.

The one on the right - fine...but it has a grip of iron.  If you ever need to take it off, forget it.

The one that IMO is the best compromise is the one in the blue spray tin in the middle.

And how do I know these things?  Don't ask. :bangshead: