The ultimate x-flow

greenandmean

Due to a prolapsed disc and sciatica I find I am unable to lug my trailer around anymore so Green and Mean is going back to a road car, so I will be fitting my spare engine therefore will have for sale the Mass X-flow engine. This engine had a full rebuild less than 100 miles ago which included crack and pressure testing of block and head and was run in on the dyno where it produced 169 bhp @7750rpm. However it can be tweaked a bit more now it has a few miles on it as a past dyno sheet from John Noble shows it hitting 192.9bhp.

A X block 1700cc

Farndon steel crank  (good for 9500 rpm)

GAF steel con rods

Cosworth pistons

Mass 747 camshaft gear driven fron crankshaft

Race spec cam followers and push rods

Cometic 3 layer steel head gasket

11.4:1 compression ratio

Full race spec cylinder head

roller rockers

Twin weber 48s

DTA 3D ignition with launch control,TPS and crank sensors

Dry sumped

Lightweight alternator

Starter motor

New twin plate clutch

Lightened flywheel

Remote oil filter

Oil cooler

There is a custom made Tony Law exhaust system that I would like to keep to fit to the replacement engine as it is bonnet exit to save replacing the bonnet, but could come to some agreement if nessessary.

To build an engine like this now would cost in excess of 12k.

Offers over 7k

Engine still in the car so can be heard running

Sorry to hear the bad news on your back Paul ( I sure know how you feel )  good luck with the sale of an awesome engine

Thanks Mark I'm  slowly falling apart :cry:  :cry:  I seem to be ok when in the car its just pulling the trailer and ramps thats the problem. Still all good things and all that :arse:  :arse: would have been nice to have a last run up Harewood but maybe have one with the replacement engine in, another x flow (naturally) and still no slouch at 140bhp.

Any chance of a test drive paul

I always said you needed a young man to have a go in it lol

Good luck with the sale mines fully run in and sorted now doesn't rev quite as much as yours tho

Paul, we haven"t met mate but it must be hard to sell such a cracking engine! good luck with it and hope the back gets better soon, James 

• Like 1

Just re-read your text..... get the missus to do the ramps and trailer OR get yourself a 16 year old apprentice / pit monkey :)

More chance of winning the lottery than getting the wife interested in motor sport, and how many 16 year olds do you know that want to get up at 6am on sunday, do some work (unpaid) hang about all da y then get home about 6-30 pm :d  :d The few young relatives that I know have the attention span of a goldfish. :down:  :down:

told ya before paul,shove a bike engine in and get rid of the weight.the trailer will be much easyer to push then ;)  :d 

ps sorry to hear about your back mate

pps free bump,hell of an engine package :)  :) 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your back problems Paul :down:  (the joys of getting old eh? :cry: ), have you thought about a motor mover to help with the trailer? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/caravan-motor-mover-/261156013745?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item3cce1c86b1

Anyway good luck with the sale of this great engine :t-up: .

Martin.

Good luck with the sale Paul, shame you've not had much of a chance with it yourself.

Cracking engine, nice history.

Rich

Same as everyone here Paul, I'm upset that you're health prevents you doing what you want.

It sounds like an awesome engine, good luck!

As for a 16yr old helping out...

6am? Not a chance

Working? Debatable

For free? Not a chance

Attention span of a goldfish? You know some intelligent goldfish then!

However, if you were local, I'd be happy to help out, all I'd ask for is bacon butty on arrival and supply of warm tea!

Same as everyone here Paul, I'm upset that you're health prevents you doing what you want.

Yeah but he is about 106 now so fair play to the old fella :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh::p

Stu your post started well with shove a bike engine but sadly went all wrong after that :p

Martin the joys of getting old indeed :cry:

Rich your spot on mate, not had much chance to use it at all :down:

guest yes it is indeed an awesome engine :d

Peter thanks for those few kind words and if your back is in good working order and you can bend low enough

kiss my :arse:     :d  :d  :d

thanks to all for the kind words I'm ok and still working its just one wrong move and its back to the quack for another expensive round of treatment, so I have taken the decision to avoid provoking it by pushing my luck with the trailer.  Was going to be my last season anyway as I retire in August and the DWP don't pay enough for entry fees etc., and there was no such thing as a company pension in the building trade in my early days.

Paul.

its a shame about your back and good luck with the sale of a cracking engine

Paul

If you need a hand swapping it over or whatever just give me a shout

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.