Westfield GT 5000cc "Flymo"

RWDKurt

Westfield V8 GT “Flymo” for sale

Originally commissioned and raced for the GT race series in 1995 by Mike Smith against the likes of Mclaren F1s and Jaguar XJ220s

Built by Andy Dawson at a cost of around £80K, the car has since been developed into a very competitive sprint and hillclimb car.

Drivetrain Spec:

John Eales 5 litre Rover V8, solidly mounted and producing circa 370bhp at 7000rpm (refreshed 2010).
Dry sump
Jenvey Throttle Bodies
Techcraft exhausts
Motec ECU
5.5” triple plate Superclutch in custom bellhousing
Glebe transmissions T5 H pattern dog box
7.5” Cosworth final drive, 3.45:1, with Gripper diff.
Custom driveshafts (new 2010)

Chassis etc:

Custom Gary Smith designed rose-jointed wishbones (new in 2010)
Protech double adjustable shock absorbers (new in 2011)
Willwood Superlite 4 pot calipers, solid discs, Mintex 1144 pads (new in 2010)
Lightened bodywork and custom roll cage
Titan high ratio rack (new 2009)
Compomotive CXR wheels (new 2010) with radial Avon sprint slicks.
Custom 15 litre alloy tank with integral swirl pot.
Genesis lightweight race battery
Solid state battery cutoff

Kerb weight circa 600kg

In the last 2 years the car has set 2 class records, taken several class wins, and even managed an FTD at Aintree in June 2012. Sub 60s at Harewood, sub 44s at Aintree, and sub 90s around Angesley International have all been achieved by a driver of average competence.

Further development and a better driver would no doubt see times fall still further, or if you prefer you can use it for trackdays instead and toy with Radicals!

Offers around £16K invited

Pics available on request

For further info, contact me:  07973 814660     kurt.ramsden@gmail.com

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of driving this car at Anglesey last year and can vouch that this is an awesome car to drive. Good luck with the sale Kurt.

Is this sale to fund a little MX-5 then? :d

Would love to see some pics of the Flymo!

I'm curious and would like to see pictures. Sounds amazing and it's "if only" situation.

Good luck with the sale.

Kurt has bought a turbo charged radical

This is one very very quick sprint/hillclimb car

this it??

Yes that's it - or at least that's how it was about 4 years ago. It's now black, the spoilers have gone and the suspension has been completely redesigned. Lower final drive and 70kg lighter, plus a host of other detail changes. It's about 3 seconds a minute faster now too....

http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/photo.asp?PID=1378

Is this sale to fund a little MX-5 then? :d

Would love to see some pics of the Flymo!

Hi Adam - decided to stick with sprinting but in a different car (Radical SR3 turbo). Your advice ref MX-5 racing was very much appreciated though.

I want it!!!

I'd get it road legal, if possible, and have to stop at every petrol station, but it'd be worth it.

Hope you sell it and enjoy the radical (I'm trying to get an Xtr4 or radical, but the wife...).

Hi Adam - decided to stick with sprinting but in a different car (Radical SR3 turbo). Your advice ref MX-5 racing was very much appreciated though.

No worries at all - my comment was slightly in jest! You would probably need a travel pillow in an MX-5 after coming from your V8... Turbo Radical sounds amazing though, enjoy - and good luck with the sale :yes:

would you take bev and £15,000 wuv

I tried selling HM on blat*hat. 

Couldn't get one offer. They were all frightened.

Sounds interesting. What's Bev worth?

a quid probably

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.