More Bad Luck Today

FILFAN

Checked my bank this morning and my previous insurance company have taken money out my bank to renew my policy despite it been canceled and have the letters to prove it.

Called them up and they admited it was a mistake but couldn't put the money back yet as the transaction was still pending despite me been out of pocket.

Sent them a nasty email and since they charge £25 for late or canceled payments I said I was charging them £25 for un-authorised withdrawal from my account plus overdraft fees and gave them 7 days to return the money after which I would contact them again and incur a further £25 fee

Was worth a laugh so will see what happens.

They'll ignore it.

Don't you know that banks and insurance companies along with doctors can never make mistakes.

Having said that our bank once screwed up our monthly DD run and processed it 3 times. We asked them to rectify it and write to our customers explaining it was them taking the money 3 times, not us. At first they said it must be us but later acknowledged it was them.

They sent us a letter to be passed on to our customers and sent HM the biggest bunch of flowers I've ever seen.

If its a Direct Debit then the banks have a guarantee to refund it if it is paid incorrectly. Speak to your bank. The moral is, never sign for a DD in the first place and pay in full up front. As a close friend says to me 'Don't trust the b******ds'

If its a Direct Debit then the banks have a guarantee to refund it if it is paid incorrectly. Speak to your bank. The moral is, never sign for a DD in the first place and pay in full up front. As a close friend says to me 'Don't trust the b******ds'

2nd'ed

Contact your bank and say that it was an unauthorised Direct Debit and under the DD scheme you'd like it reversed. They'll do it straight away.

You'll also have the pleasure of knowing that it will cause them a right load of hassle trying to work out which customer account has debited the money back when they do the bank recs (It did when customers used to do it when we DD'd them incorrectly where I used to work)

I'm in no rush for £22 and it won't break the bank I just enjoy been an :arse: when it comes to making a point

The dd, when reversed will have a reference so the insurer will know to which customer account it belongs.

the bank has now recalled it and i have the money back :t-up: :t-up:

The dd, when reversed will have a reference so the insurer will know to which customer account it belongs.

they never used to when they used to reverse back out of our statement - I had to go through the printout of my DD submission line by line and match up the value manually :(

Checked my bank this morning and my previous insurance company have taken money out my bank to renew my policy despite it been canceled and have the letters to prove it.

Called them up and they admited it was a mistake but couldn't put the money back yet as the transaction was still pending despite me been out of pocket.

Sent them a nasty email and since they charge £25 for late or canceled payments I said I was charging them £25 for un-authorised withdrawal from my account plus overdraft fees and gave them 7 days to return the money after which I would contact them again and incur a further £25 fee

Was worth a laugh so will see what happens.

Good for you.

Did you get the £25 inconvenience surcharge?

Cheers

Some DD's are inevitable but most are strictly for the birds . makes my pizz boil when I read something is 20% cheaper if paid by DD , usually a ute bill . why ???

As for the current trend with Asda , Tesco etc. stuff on the shelf 1.50 each or 2 for a £2.00

Bowlloks! if they can sell 2 for £2 we should be able to buy 1 for a quid :arse:

Tesco had an offer on dog food recently in Cardigan - one bag for £6.99 or two bags for £6.00. I duly took my two bags to the cashier and, having got the two fo £6.00 pointed out the stupidity of the offer. It took a bit time before they accepted the offer was indeed illogical and they then removed the signs showing the offer. Two weeks later - lo and behold - they had the same offer on display.

Supermarkets - pah!

:down:

we've always put our customers account number in the reference field and they were quoted when the bank reversed their mistakes.

Mind you it isn't a mandatory field and may only apply to HSBC (middeb)

• 2 weeks later...

well no cheque yet but i have had received a letter saying there investigating my complaint and it can take up to 20 days.

will keep pestering them though :p