• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norman Verona

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• robo1968

• alexander72

Oh they look much better when they're finished...

oh no, hang on... I mean they look really sh*te even when they're finished

we used to live near the factory and popped in when we were thinking of building a kit (early 80s, we did a Jago Jeep in the end) and the quality of the welding was an insult to birdsh*t :no:

I have a mate who has the same car and believe me when they are built well they are fine. Tim Dutton sold hundreds of these which at the time was a cheap way of getting a different car to the norm. Remeber these were built in the seventies when the standards were poor. That car is a basket case which will need a lot of money to get it running.

I remember considering a Dutton in the mid eighties, they were a product of their time and CHEAP to buy, how could they turned out, well that was down to the skill of the builder. I remember seeing some pretty reasonable examples around at the time, as well as sheds. But twenty plus years for a kit from the cheap end of the market is a long time, specially once they've got to that age where the care and attention disappears.

It should have been strangled at birth.

Imagine getting that through an IVA.

I dont mind them as a cheap way into the kit car scene - although must admit they are not for me

this one though is scrap to be honest

my dad had a dutton for classic trials in the 80"s - it was called "wash and go" and had the shampoo bottle of the same name instead of a dutton badge....